My Weipro skimmer is not foaming well

giantbicycle

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Why everyone can have kopi-O, some even have mocha but I only have Green Tea =/ ... , oh no,.. gonna change kopi tiam (because they dun sell kopi-o) !! hehe

mine water level abt 1cm below the top black band....mayb u can try it... ;)

• SRC Member

Try running in the skimmer, or prehaps a stronger power head to drivew the PS. Took me abt 4-6 days before, it's skimming mocha colored skimmate. Tuning to the black O ring mark does seem to aid in the 'breaking-in' period. Now mine's abt 2-3cm above the water line mark. Seeming okie i guess for a 3footer with only live rocks, 1 file fish, 1 tomato clown and a sea horse...

• SRC Member

why do you all keep the water level so high? I thought on the skimemr, theres a "keep water level here" sign way below the o-ring. I am keeping water level abt 2 cm above the words. No skimmate. using my weipro 2011 with 2000l/h powerhead. Should I raise the water level? I just added my rocks to cycle abt 2 hours ago, so think dun have anything to skim. maybe tomorrow. Can suggest an optimum water level in my weipro 2011?

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

haha I tune my skimmer's water level to below the big grey band (the one just below the black ring) which is like 5-6 cm from the cup and Now still produces quite a lot of dry foam. After I add LR then produce foam. before that dun have. Haha! ;)

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

yea bought it from a fellow reefer for 90 bucks. DE 150W 10,000kelvin Ushio/BLV bulb. it's the weatherproof floodlight that is sold at victron. original price think 165 or something. go to www.viclite.com to check.

Live and Let Live

I'm using a Weipro 2011 with a Dolphin 2500 pump rated at 1500l/hr. It is a 2ft tank running for 2 months. Water level is 1cm below the o-ring.

I could get small bubbles but the bubbles shoot up fast and produce a lot of clear & watery skimmate. I tried to adjust the water level lower but the knob is already fully open (6 o'clock position). What else could I do to get thick skimmate?