Emmanuel's Saltwater Tank

Emmanuel

It all started with a really pico tank 40 x 20 x 20 cm (16litres) at the bottom tier of my fresh water set up. I couldn't get a much bigger tank as i have other equipments sharing the lower tier. A pics of my freshwater planted tank.

Upper Tier

IMG_0066-1.jpg

I've got all the equipment from my fresh water set up, and hence starting cost was only one packet of salt water and 2 KG of liverocks. No wavemaker was used as the powerhead for overhead filter serves as a wavemaker as well.

Everything else was reused and the cycling of saltwater tank begins.

Lower Tier

IMG_0340.jpg

Equipment List:

40 x 20 x 20 cm Tank

Overhead Filter

13W PL Light

DC Fan

picotank-1.jpg

Tank was taken down and upgraded in about 1 and a half months time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank was upgraded to 1ft cube , shifted everything from the 16Litres tank to this cube tank.

Untitled-1.jpg

firegoby.jpg

Tank size was still too small for me to try out corals and other fishes as well. And eventually couldn't resist the temptation and after much hesitation, I decommed my fresh water tank and give away my tank and equipment and got myself a 2ft cube tank.

tankrescaped210610.jpg

• SRC Member

WOOOHOOOO groupwavereversed.gif the Dragon come out liaoz idea31.gif .. the start of the "Crouching Tiger hidden Dragon" fear.gif

Nice scaping bro! did you use any epoxy? keep us posted! cheers.gif

ps: your Discuses are sweeee!

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

hey Em, finally you posted! I'm watching this thread to shoot/flame you of any wrong doing! :ph34r:

just kidding buddy. :lol:

and I got to give it to you, nice scape given your tank size. :friends:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Don make me shy can Milch .. No .. No epoxy was used .. Only cable tie ..

oops, sorry bro, friends.gif yeah but seriously the scape is very nicely "opened-up" flowers.gif

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

Law .. I knew u will be replying to this thread soon .. Lol .. One more buddy haven mark attendance here yet..

Ya indeed I'm very satisfied with how it looks like now.. But I know the water quality is my tank still not up to standard.. I'll slowly stock my tank with Law's frag !!

• SRC Member

hey bro,

nice to see you finally settle down with a tank you like.

is there a sump btw?

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

hey bro,

nice to see you finally settle down with a tank you like.

is there a sump btw?

hey bro, It had been long since I last saw u. is that black clown of yours in the avartar the one I saw the other time ? Looking good :thumbsup:

Ya.. Finally settled with a tank and yes, it comes with a sump. =)

sump.jpg

• SRC Member

such good memory.. pretty sure your gonna do very well in the exams.

i old already cannot absorb anymore.

how long has your tank been running?

looks like a lot of space to empty your wallet on

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

such good memory.. pretty sure your gonna do very well in the exams.

i old already cannot absorb anymore.

how long has your tank been running?

looks like a lot of space to empty your wallet on

Nah, i can remember anything else but textbooks. haha. Btw, i think we are of the same age.

Tank had ben running for 3 months.

I've gotten a small blue tang for about a week or so. It is almost impossible to make it feed . Not interested on pellet, seaweed on clip nor brine shrimp. However, he only took notice of those greenies on my turbo snails. Anyone got any idea to make it feed ?

Looks like he has got some skin problem as well.

IMG_0053-1.jpg

Tank from another perspective.

IMG_0054-1.jpg

• SRC Member

Law .. I knew u will be replying to this thread soon .. Lol .. One more buddy haven mark attendance here yet..

Ya indeed I'm very satisfied with how it looks like now.. But I know the water quality is my tank still not up to standard.. I'll slowly stock my tank with Law's frag !!

my frags?! can, deposit $ first :lol:

A bubble coral waiting for you if you want. :friends:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• 2 weeks later...