reef safe med for with spots

• SRC Member

can try octozin by waterlife.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

U mean s.g 1.017? Can't imagine it's PH....

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

• 2 months later...

Herbtana (Reef version) by Microbe-Lift.

Needs daily, consistent dosages and you have to turn off your skimmer.

Has a tendency to kill small crabs (rock crabs, hairy crabs) but its a good thing! Harmless to larger shrimp like boxers.

Also, might stress featherdusters a bit but doesn't kill them.

Coral safe! =)

• SRC Member

Has a tendency to kill small crabs (rock crabs, hairy crabs) but its a good thing! Harmless to larger shrimp like boxers.

Coral safe! =)

Sorry Like to ask what's the dosage like and skimmer have to be off for 2 hours?

Thanks

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

There are instructions on the dosage. Skimmer off during the duration of dosing which can take weeks.

Anyone knows how much they are selling and where to get them?

Microbe-lift products can be found in Green Chapter (West) Pet Mart (East). If i remeber correctly should be around $16 for 8oz.

;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Microbe-lift products can be found in Green Chapter (West) Pet Mart (East). If i remeber correctly should be around $16 for 8oz.

;)

Was there but didnt see this product call before going anyway

Bro Gouldian your gravel cleaner is in! Big bottles going for 12 bucks! :yahoo:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

Coral safe! =)

Just to add on, This DOES NOT KILL ich... They increase the immunity of your fishes so they can fend off ich...

Member of:

Just to add on, This DOES NOT KILL ich... They increase the immunity of your fishes so they can fend off ich...

Oops! Sorry forgot to mention that! Thanks.

But thus far, if dosed daily, it works for me. If you're in Clementi you'll need to place an special order with the uncle at Polyart (block 328) :)

a small bottle (can't rmb the volume) is around 13... I think it was 8oz.

Coral safe! =)

I have been using this to soak with foods during feeding. So far it work as a preventation as there isnt any further ich outbreak in my tank .dry.gif

• 2 months later...

since Microbe-life's Herbtana is to build fishes immunity, what abt garlic boost by Marc Weiss?heard this not bad too, and get very good review by a UK reef keeping megazine.anyone tried b4? :ThanxSmiley:

Garlic has been used for many years as immunity boosters, it has been added to various branded fish food from Omega Seas to Sea Chem. In fact, when I used to make my own frozen food, I used to add freshly grated garlic.

But like what Terryz mentioned, these products do not kill ick and frankly I have also never witness any reef-safe products that effectively kill ick. So they only play a supporting role to help the fish overcome the infestation.

IMHO, I feel that ick can only be prevented by creating a stress-less environment and consistent good water parameters. And if ick were to strike, the best way is to remove the fish into a hospital tank for proven medications (non reef-safe) such as copper, formalin etc. The other alternative is to hypo-saline your tank.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381