<PBO> Algae Scrubber Order - Part 2

enseng

Hi all,

I have contacted the acrylic scrubber maker for the previous build. They quote $100 for the MOQ of 10pcs. Anyone interested to join order?

Please see below link for the information (from bro Goondoo):

http://www.algaescrubber.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=524

As for the light set, we can get it from Aquamarin (but currently no stock):

http://www.aquamarin.com.sg/productsDetail.asp?productid=1369

Anyone knows where else can get the Aquazonic T5 high output light set 2 x 24W?

Hi all,

Please see below for the reply from maker. There is a change in price. They are charging $115/set with moq of 10sets. Please see if u r still interested. Btw, the light can be purchased from clementi block 328.. The freshwater fish shop..

It will be at $115 each for 10 pcs not $100.

For the drawing, I will not be able to use for your order as it belongs to another customer.

Our company will not release/ reuse the drawing of my customers unless it's ordered by the same person.

Thus if you would like to confirm, I would require you to bring down your set of drawing and specs.

Thank you for your attention & kind understanding.

Regards,

Debbie Chen

Ying Kwang Acrylic Trading

48 Toh Guan Road East

#01-136 Enterprise Hub

Singapore 608586

Tel: 6274 1088    Fax: 6515 9093

Email: debbie@yingkwang.com

Hi all,

I have contacted the acrylic scrubber maker for the previous build. They quote $100 for the MOQ of 10pcs. Anyone interested to join order?

Please see below link for the information (from bro Goondoo):

http://www.algaescrubber.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=524

As for the light set, we can get it from Aquamarin (but currently no stock):

http://www.aquamarin.com.sg/productsDetail.asp?productid=1369

Anyone knows where else can get the Aquazonic T5 high output light set 2 x 24W?

for the light set can get from sea view (nanyang) at seletar farmway

Hi all,

Please see below for the reply from maker. There is a change in price. They are charging $115/set with moq of 10sets. Please see if u r still interested. Btw, the light can be purchased from clementi block 328.. The freshwater fish shop..

It will be at $115 each for 10 pcs not $100.

For the drawing, I will not be able to use for your order as it belongs to another customer.

Our company will not release/ reuse the drawing of my customers unless it's ordered by the same person.

Thus if you would like to confirm, I would require you to bring down your set of drawing and specs.

Thank you for your attention & kind understanding.

Regards,

Debbie Chen

Ying Kwang Acrylic Trading

48 Toh Guan Road East

#01-136 Enterprise Hub

Singapore 608586

Tel: 6274 1088    Fax: 6515 9093

Email: debbie@yingkwang.com

funny u mean as what is qoute that i've got??

mmm why can't they use back the same drawing?

reason given unless there's someone make it his own

bro u may wanna chk out some other place as well to see whether others can give u a qoute

by the way u need to inform it must be water proof

i'll help to chk out others shop see what price they can give

for what i know ying kwang is one of the most cheapest with good service

all the best for this bulk ordering there should me alot of reefer interested in this

funny u mean as what is qoute that i've got??

mmm why can't they use back the same drawing?

reason given unless there's someone make it his own

bro u may wanna chk out some other place as well to see whether others can give u a qoute

by the way u need to inform it must be water proof

i'll help to chk out others shop see what price they can give

for what i know ying kwang is one of the most cheapest with good service

all the best for this bulk ordering there should me alot of reefer interested in this

yup.....i m puzzling y can't use back the same design also ....they also increase the price and MOQ...

Btw, where can i find the union and pvc pipes? Is there any shop in west selling at these that suit our requirements?

Any of you guys chance upon a 1.5 ft light fixture using T5?

My sump length ain't big enough to house a 2ft scrubber and if bulk order do you think they can make one just for me about 1.5ft size?

• SRC Member

ya, tink actually alot of people are like us oni having 2ft sump, somemore with cabinet, so placement oso duno how,

unless got sample to take measurement 1st den c if can fit in, haiz 2 ft cabinet nia~~~ :(

yup.....i m puzzling y can't use back the same design also ....they also increase the price and MOQ...

Btw, where can i find the union and pvc pipes? Is there any shop in west selling at these that suit our requirements?

price wise is the same as i built it and got at the price of around 110 also

for pvc pipe u can get at opposite the building across the rd there's a shop selling all this or b/23 sin ming (motherland)

this i'm not sure but there's other shop near by do chk it out

• SRC Member

Lightset

As mentioned by can be acquired from Seaview, one of the cheapest I think since they give a further 15% discount.

Question: Did you get Aquazonic lights because it is the best option?

Answer: No, we got it because its the cheapest possible. (Touch wood, so far have no problem at all)

Question: Can I use other lightset?

Answer: The box is redesigned based on the Aquazonic dimensions. Go figure.

3200K T5 tubes

Can be purchase from:

32 Ang mo kio ind park 2

Sing Ind complex

#06-15/16

0900hrs - 1800hrs mon - fri

0900hrs - 1300hrs sat

Below $8 each

Screen

I got my screen from Artfriends Takashimaya. It's use for stitching or something, about an A4 size netting. I cut it into half and use both, cleaning one of them every 3-4 days. Just a few dollars.

Pump

SantaMonica recommend at least 3000 l/h of flow for this design.

PVC Parts

PVC pipes and end cap can get from general hardware stores. The design we use is based on grey PVC, not white (supposedly different)

PVC connectors like the one below can get from the hardware shop beside the box maker.

IMG_0047.jpg

Challenges you may face:

1) Cutting a straight slit for the outflow - Use Dremel tool or drills a few holes and slowly cut with saw blade (please remember to use all necessary protective equipment such as gloves, eye protection glasses etc),

2) Getting the right flow - the level the box is place, angle of cuttings on pipes, angle, size of slit, thickness and material of screen, connection size, output speed, algae grow on slits etc can affect the flow.

Facts

1) ATS is the only filter I got for my tank, I did not measure the ANN since I didn't get the kits and there hadn't been big algae outbreaks for the last two months. (So those want to know the effectiveness can come help me measure :P)

Those want to see how it works can contact me for an open house demostration, $5 per person :P. Any other questions? :friends:

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

Correction, the tube I got is 2700K

Osram FQ24W R827HO

I would probably make a separate thread on this and put in my signature.... lol....

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

Wow bro S$5 i only charge S$3 lei ha ha :chair:

Mine include a cup of fresh brewed DI water leh! :yahoo::yahoo:

Regards,

Billy Cheong

Hi to all bro i heard that someone went down and argue with the shop for the price?

as stated it's what he can offer us at a start but not for present..

as i input in the thread is base on trust and not for it to be argue with the price with the shop

what he may quote now is up to the shop, so if price not right u can look forward for another shop :ThanxSmiley:

Not here to spoil the thread but just to not spoil the initial guy who've make it

If really need help we can help to chip in, So I've remove the invoice from the thread that I've started

:idea:

Hi to all bro i heard that someone went down and argue with the shop for the price?

as i input in the thread is base on trust and not for it to be argue with the price with the shop

what he may quote now is up to the shop, so if price not right u can look forward for another shop :ThanxSmiley:

Not here to spoil the thread but just to not spoil the initial guy who've make it

If really need help we can help to chip in, So I've remove the invoice from the thread that I've started

huh? is it? when was it? before this thread started? I am actually thinking to go down this saturday to confirm the design as I might want to ask them to start 1 pcs 1st for myself...of coz for the 1st pcs, they charge $190...

So if I manage to get another 9 pcs, they will rebate and charge $115/set. If the deal does not go as plan then i have to get it at $190...

Ok, I summarize the order (2ft unless otherwise stated):

1. enseng

2. yptay

3. eniram (1.5ft, need to check with maker whether they willing to do it or not)

4. fatbike (1.5ft, need to check with maker whether they willing to do it or not)

5. nik1805

• SRC Member

huh? is it? when was it? before this thread started? I am actually thinking to go down this saturday to confirm the design as I might want to ask them to start 1 pcs 1st for myself...of coz for the 1st pcs, they charge $190...

So if I manage to get another 9 pcs, they will rebate and charge $115/set. If the deal does not go as plan then i have to get it at $190...

Yup, I got screwed left, right, centre, up, down, behind and in front. Didn't imply its you, but its some one reading here. You sure about the price?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

Yup, I got screwed left, right, centre, up, down, behind and in front. Didn't imply its you, but its some one reading here. You sure about the price?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

bro steven i know its a long shot but possible to help us ask the scrubber maker to reduce the price? i assume you know them quite well.

Bro engseng pls add me in for the 2ft scrubber. Don't think they will entertain a 1.5ft one

for this bro goondoo who is also doing the liaison but price wise i can said it cheap already..

think it not nice to bargain anymore, but always can get a better quote from else where

• SRC Member

for this bro goondoo who is also doing the liaison but price wise i can said it cheap already..

think it not nice to bargain anymore, but always can get a better quote from else where

Just for general info, the next cheapest quote to make 10 sets of ATS box is $160 each. I got about 6-7 other quotes before decided to use my friend.

I had spoke to him about your requests to make 1.5ft or even 1 feet ATS. He say price will be same or slightly higher depending on the dimensions of the lights set.

Please bear in mind that the machinery used, chemicals and workmanships cost more than actual material in such customization. As far as I heard from him, the laser machine already cost millions (IIRC), need to use water proof weld on chemical, fixing pieces by pieces by hand and not forgetting running flow test for every single box they make. My previous design also includes a 50mm out flow acrylic pipe instead of gluing the PVC pipe yourself.

IMG_0029.jpg

I remember he told me cheapest possible based on my previous design he can give is between 130-140 (after GST), If they really can give you $115... my turn to screw him liao.... muahahahahaaaaa

If you guys seriously want cheap, I think DIY is really the way to go.

I can help you guys consolidate the orders. But I will charge you all a small frag of zoos each :P...

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

no zoa give him algae haha

by the way it cheap and good

aiyo..... cheers.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

Hi bro gondoo,

Yes, e price is quoted as $115 based on the drawing from santa Monica. Did u modify a lot from it? As mentioned by e maker, I can't use ur drawing as this is their policy not to reuse customer drawing unless it is ordered by the orgininator. See below from their reply,can help on this? :thanks:

"It will be at $115 each for 10 pcs not $100.

Thank you for your attention & kind understanding."

As for e different sizes, they will charge higher price so I think it'd better we stick to the 2ft length. See below for e reply.

"If you would like to have 2 different lengths, it possible but there will be a price adjustment.

If based on MOQ of 5 each for different length, the price will be @ $130 each.

Hope the above clarifies. Thank you!"

I have a lots of algae, that's why need this algae scrubber :lol:

• SRC Member

my goodness, if not happy with the price can always head somewhere else, the different in price could be change in labour, materials, and other overhead costs mah.

Algae scrubber is really a good alternative to reduce NO. Mine is down to 0 ppm after a couple of months despite having many fishes and corals in my tank with no skimmer running.

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 1

DECOM SALE ( FREE TANK SET )

2. 0

SECURING YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS WITH MUYERN TRUST HACKER

3. 0

WTS AI Prime with Gooseneck

4. 8

Decom sales

5. 0

How do I recover a scammed investment?  Contact Captain WebGenesis.