Tench1's Reefing log

tench1

Oni, :agreed: ...It gave very urinated color wetwet skimmate... :thumbsup:

Its been 2 weeks since the day i start cycling...NH4 had shot up...

NO3 and NO2 still 0....

Last day of 2010, i wish all reefers happy new year and a good reefing 2011 year ahead!

Huat ah!

:groupwavereversed::groupwavereversed::groupwavereversed:

What should i do?

To choose between my zoas collection and wife's favourite fish Grey Belly Regal...

I cant keep that cutie in my tank...IT WILL EAT UP ALL MY ZOAS!

Tested today, and its feasting the zoas colony happily... :angry2::angry2::angry2:

What should i do?

Setup another fowlr tank for your wife and explain the reason to her.

If you can, connect to your existin setup so you can save on equipment.

:)

Lol, im trying to convince her to allow me to continue with the 24G temp tank, as my zoas tank. :idea::idea::idea:

But still in progress...worst case, sell off the regal.

Haha

Regal angels are more sensitive to deteriorating water conditions than many other marine fish but they don’t have special requirements as far as water parameters. A reef-type aquarium is ideal because it provides the rocky reef structure that the fish requires to feel secure. Combining regal angelfish with corals is always a risky proposition, but they are generally “safer” than most other Pomacanthids and even most Centropyge species. If a regal is going to pick on corals, it is usually confined to a particular coral or type of coral. The decision then becomes which do you want more, the regal or the coral. Regals generally ignore Acropora species but have been reported to pick on certain large-polyped stony corals such as Trachyphyllia or certain soft coral such as Xenia. Regal angels that are well-fed are less likely to explore the aquarium for alternate sources of food.

Attracted from ;

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/aug2002/Fish.htm

Hmmm its a real challenge to have Regal with corals...