Tench1's Reefing log

tench1

Purchased this new toy as well.

Its to replace the expoxy that i had used before...

Welcome the new Coral Glue! CoralGlue_Final2.png

Something that impressed me is the feature of having a needle beneath the cap! Well thought!

Just a word of caution to those who wana try...

You will not find gel squeezy out on the 1st push. Instead, watery liquid came out. Only the 2nd squeeze will find the gel.

Also as the product instruction suggested, APPLY GENEROUSLY!

*especially when your frag or coral is pretty heavy and huge.

Here's a video link that demostrate the process of fixing frags into your main tank!

BSi still best. I used Cg under water, capped it and left it in the cupboard and found 3/4 at the top of the bottle hardened the next day. Also,its not easy to squeeze CG glue in the water. Just to share.

cheers,

Just got myself another Sohal Tang...This is a huge leap, after my previous sad experience.

Its doing pretty well, not to mention the few scars that were laid down by the teritorial demanding YT.

The fiction seems to have died down as of this moment.

When i got this beauty from SL, didnt really notice the skin rot right at its tail... :angry: with myself for not been observant.

Not to worry, Dr G's Aquacultured Food is here!

Frozen_AntiBacter_sm.jpgFrozen_AntiParasit_sm.jpgFrozen_DeWormer_sm.jpg

Cut off a small chunk of each and added into the wavebox. (To ensure spreaded burst of food all over the tank)

Luckily for me, ST couragously took a bite, and ponder for awhile...Spitting out! :( ....And to my surprise, took another bite! then another! and another! :lol:

Well, i didnt know which of the DrG's Food did it took, but im pretty sure, with good eating habit, it will get well soon enough..

Today, fed mysis. I must admit, this is one of its favourite, which i will be feeding every other day, to ensure its balanced diet!

Question is: should i or should i not try another PBT? Perhaps, i will get back to this in a few months later.

My Sohal from SL love to take Formula one pellet only dry.gif !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

BSi still best. I used Cg under water, capped it and left it in the cupboard and found 3/4 at the top of the bottle hardened the next day. Also,its not easy to squeeze CG glue in the water. Just to share.

cheers,

I helped my friend scape the other day. Basically stack the rocks, then used a tube of bsi gel underwater to secure the joints. Literally squeezing the tube in the water and bonding the joints. Nice handy product. I also like the idea of having smaller qty in mini tubes - as I use them very infrequently. I have never tried CG though.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

very nice.

cube tanks seem to have had a spike in popularity after terry and i posted our tank threads.

cuboid tanks are really awesome if you do it right!

To be honest, its becos of you and Terry that spike the interest of Cube Tank in me!

cheers,

Yo mikey! How you been bro? im pretty amazed of your courageous move of submerging the whole bottle of CG in the water! :shock:

Im still pretty conservative and skeptical doing that.

I helped my friend scape the other day. Basically stack the rocks, then used a tube of bsi gel underwater to secure the joints. Literally squeezing the tube in the water and bonding the joints. Nice handy product. I also like the idea of having smaller qty in mini tubes - as I use them very infrequently. I have never tried CG though.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Qn, why do we always joint/epoxy/glue rockscape when the tank is filled with water? <_<

Just got myself another Sohal Tang...This is a huge leap, after my previous sad experience.

Its doing pretty well, not to mention the few scars that were laid down by the teritorial demanding YT.

The fiction seems to have died down as of this moment.

When i got this beauty from SL, didnt really notice the skin rot right at its tail... :angry: with myself for not been observant.

Not to worry, Dr G's Aquacultured Food is here!

Frozen_AntiBacter_sm.jpgFrozen_AntiParasit_sm.jpgFrozen_DeWormer_sm.jpg

Cut off a small chunk of each and added into the wavebox. (To ensure spreaded burst of food all over the tank)

Luckily for me, ST couragously took a bite, and ponder for awhile...Spitting out! :( ....And to my surprise, took another bite! then another! and another! :lol:

Well, i didnt know which of the DrG's Food did it took, but im pretty sure, with good eating habit, it will get well soon enough..

Today, fed mysis. I must admit, this is one of its favourite, which i will be feeding every other day, to ensure its balanced diet!

Question is: should i or should i not try another PBT? Perhaps, i will get back to this in a few months later.

It would be a great challenge to keep a PBT together with a SH tang. Hope the SH tang you bought that day is doing well, and thanks again for the monti frag that day thumbsup.gif

My Sohal from SL love to take Formula one pellet only dry.gif !

Hmm, i practically scissor cut them into very tiny pieces, mixed with tank water, and pour inside my wavebox.

Maybe u have to slice them up very tiny??

It would be a great challenge to keep a PBT together with a SH tang. Hope the SH tang you bought that day is doing well, and thanks again for the monti frag that day thumbsup.gif

No worries bro, i would love to see the growth rate of those monti frags under your new big canons! :friends:

PBT is just a dream. Im clearing my QT frag tank into a fowlr to try a PBT for at least 2 months before introducing into the main tank.

And i swear that it will the last tang. :paiseh:

Lessons learnt;

1. Never under estimate the 'powder' of the PBT, it will crash the whole tank!

2. Impatience never work well in marine tank keeping!

No worries bro, i would love to see the growth rate of those monti frags under your new big canons! :friends:

PBT is just a dream. Im clearing my QT frag tank into a fowlr to try a PBT for at least 2 months before introducing into the main tank.

And i swear that it will the last tang. :paiseh:

Lessons learnt;

1. Never under estimate the 'powder' of the PBT, it will crash the whole tank!

2. Impatience never work well in marine tank keeping!

Yes, i agree patient is the key of success in this hobby but we always find it hard to resist the temptation in buying whenever we are at a LFS blushing.gif

Perhaps once your new PBT stabilize

in your QT tank, you can try to reduce the aggressiveness when you intro to your new tank with your SH but using a divider or inside a Betta box , this would help you to see how your SH react to the new comer and hopefully after few day they will be able to tag together.

Yes, i agree patient is the key of success in this hobby but we always find it hard to resist the temptation in buying whenever we are at a LFS blushing.gif

Perhaps once your new PBT stabilize

in your QT tank, you can try to reduce the aggressiveness when you intro to your new tank with your SH but using a divider or inside a Betta box , this would help you to see how your SH react to the new comer and hopefully after few day they will be able to tag together.

Thats a great idea.:)Im more worried of the YT more than the SH as of this moment. The abrasion on both fishes are really impressive. They indeed are good fighter! And i love figher!

This however will have to wait till i find a suitable candidate for my QT 1st. For the QT im planning the following;

1. Water change as much as possible, remove as much debris and waste.

2. Keep SG ard 1.020 (To Destress the PBT)

3. Keep algae grown as of now.

Mr SH wasnt doing well. Body full of ich. :pinch:

Had been sticking very close to Ms Shrunk...Having the needs of a good clean up! :evil::evil:

However, from my experience with Tangs, he will have 60% chance of Survival. Mssey wasnt that willing to do that at all...

Though Mr SH is feeding on Dr G's gourmet, its pretty chosey with food.

I think its only feeding on 1 or 2 of the food..l. Got to find out which one he dislike!

Today's medicated feeding didnt go that well... Sad :(

However, its feeding pretty well with Mysis.

Pray that it will recover soon...

Rate of SH feeding declined drastically since 2 days ago.

Currently, whatever food i dropped into the tank, its not even giving any chase. Not to say even trying to swallow. :thumbdown:

Guessed its gg to go off prehaps earliest by tmw.

Its to the extend that even my mum can said, "Your SOHAL is so skinnny!"

All i can do is pray....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMCbtyBdZZ4

Frank, my Sohal Tang doesnt take any food from me. It feeds strictly from the what nots in the tank. Its been few months liao. Even overcome a bout of white spot. Now lean and behave like mike tyson.

Pray...and pray correctly.

cheers,

Mike, you are right, im not praying correctly. It had joined its friends on the other part of the world.

This negative experience will takes me awhile before my courage can be raised.

PS: I need to learn the art of praying from u soon, when i get more courage.

Run bio pellets.I am a strong advocator of thisapproach.

cheers

I checked my Nitrate, its okay leh. Even without using Skimmer. No pink color at all.

Is this the main reason for my lost? Nitrate? will adding Bio-pellets help? I dont think is the nitrate issue.

Or had my bio load reached? - Which i strongly doubt so.