Advised needed on red slime and ich

Help!...I am battering against 2 war now...ich and red slime..

My tank is contaminated with ich parasite...lose a few fishes, those still surviving are with white dots on their body..

Understand that reef safe medication can't do much on the infected fish, but can they remove the parasite in the tank? The survival are still eating and I believe they will build up the immunity on their own...but worry if the tank is still full of parasite, they will get infected again when their system is down..

2nd thing is the red slime which gone few days ago after dosing red slime come back again..wondering whether i should dose the red slime again??

Can dose 2 medication together? Will there be any implication?...Which one shall i dose 1st if they can't be do it together....??

Medication should only be used as a last resort.

Ich can kill fishes if they are too stressed to develop sufficient immune response. One of the primary causes is water quality (most often pH swings due to low kH, ammonia levels, etc). Cyanobacteria is caused by high nutrient levels, usually phosphate.

You should increase your water changes. Do 50% water changes every 2-3 days until conditions improve. Use either natural seawater or aged artificial seawater. Stop adding fish for now, stop and analyze if you are overstocking your system. Try to add more medium for nitrifying bacteria. Check if your protein skimmer is efficient for your tank volume.

When in doubt, just change water. Many problems can be resolved by water changes.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Medication should only be used as a last resort.

Ich can kill fishes if they are too stressed to develop sufficient immune response. One of the primary causes is water quality (most often pH swings due to low kH, ammonia levels, etc). Cyanobacteria is caused by high nutrient levels, usually phosphate.

You should increase your water changes. Do 50% water changes every 2-3 days until conditions improve. Use either natural seawater or aged artificial seawater. Stop adding fish for now, stop and analyze if you are overstocking your system. Try to add more medium for nitrifying bacteria. Check if your protein skimmer is efficient for your tank volume.

When in doubt, just change water. Many problems can be resolved by water changes.

Thanks bro...

You were saying water change will solve both problems?...so i just leave the fishes as it is?...

tested my water last week, NO3 is about 20PPM, PO4 0PPM

currently running algae scrubber, biopelltes and cheato in my sump...

hope it will improve the water condition...

u can oso consider Dr Bassleer's forte pallets...quite effective to cure n fight ich...my 2 cents

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

Help!...I am battering against 2 war now...ich and red slime..

My tank is contaminated with ich parasite...lose a few fishes, those still surviving are with white dots on their body..

Understand that reef safe medication can't do much on the infected fish, but can they remove the parasite in the tank? The survival are still eating and I believe they will build up the immunity on their own...but worry if the tank is still full of parasite, they will get infected again when their system is down..

2nd thing is the red slime which gone few days ago after dosing red slime come back again..wondering whether i should dose the red slime again??

Can dose 2 medication together? Will there be any implication?...Which one shall i dose 1st if they can't be do it together....??

Probably can consider Korallen Zucht’s product like Zeozym/CoralSnow for red slime....

http://glassbox-design.com/2008/korallen-zucht-zeozym/

Cheers

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

u can oso consider Dr Bassleer's forte pallets...quite effective to cure n fight ich...my 2 cents

Thank bro,...currently no more casualty..my true clown looks like recovering on its own...will try the pellets next time if the ich comes back again...*touch wood*

:ThanxSmiley:

• SRC Member

Thank bro,...currently no more casualty..my true clown looks like recovering on its own...will try the pellets next time if the ich comes back again...*touch wood*

:ThanxSmiley:

hmm no la this pellets feed constantly to prevent them not to wait till they come then feed by then not that effective liao.

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

icic haha...any idea where can i get it?

Aquamarin?This product has a little bit of design in red that writes forte

what they say is u feed for 10 days but I feed everyday and I see the difference even for new fish

good product.

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg