Sump

yhanlee

Its time for me to say goodbye to my old 1.5ft tank and say hello to my new 2ft(24x16x20") tank with a 1.8ft sump .

Its my first time dealing with a sump so have some s regarding it. Hope the gurus will advise.

My sump is devided into 3compartment. 1st is for the skimmer and water from overflow box. The 2nd is for filter media. The third is for return pump and chiller pump. Is this

sequence ok. Can and where can i put some chateo to reduce NO3?

Also the filter media, what is the reccomended ones. Really hope to have a good and cost effective filtration. Would also appreciate if can show the pic of the sump just to learn a bit.

My tank specs is

Ocean Free 24x16x20

Sump(3 compartments)

Skimmer(weipro 2011)

resun 400 wavemaker

chiller resun CL650

Is this setup ok for most LPS corals? Also since this is a new setup, just wanna ask izzit

ok to introduce np bio pellets straight away. Coz really want to reduce no3 and po4. :thanks:

• SRC Member

Its time for me to say goodbye to my old 1.5ft tank and say hello to my new 2ft(24x16x20") tank with a 1.8ft sump .

Its my first time dealing with a sump so have some s regarding it. Hope the gurus will advise.

My sump is devided into 3compartment. 1st is for the skimmer and water from overflow box. The 2nd is for filter media. The third is for return pump and chiller pump. Is this

sequence ok. Can and where can i put some chateo to reduce NO3?

Also the filter media, what is the reccomended ones. Really hope to have a good and cost effective filtration. Would also appreciate if can show the pic of the sump just to learn a bit.

My tank specs is

Ocean Free 24x16x20

Sump(3 compartments)

Skimmer(weipro 2011)

resun 400 wavemaker

chiller resun CL650

Is this setup ok for most LPS corals? Also since this is a new setup, just wanna ask izzit

ok to introduce np bio pellets straight away. Coz really want to reduce no3 and po4. :thanks:

Hi there,

U're invited to visit my thread under the Member's Tank to view the way I designed my sump tank :blush: