Am I right doing this?

fleek

• SRC Member

Bro u are really impatient. How many fishes have you added? What fishes are they? If your tank is not properly cycled, u can be sure to lose most, if not all your fishes. Ammonia and nitrite is extremely toxic to most fishes.

If you don't intend to listen to our advice, why bother even posting in the forum? :thumbdown:

• SRC Member

Its been only 2 days... ammonia has only just begun to rise. You will see results of your impatience very soon.

For the benefit of you, your pocket and your livestock, I would strongly suggest reading up a lot more before making anymore new purchases.

It has only been 2 days... It would not register any Ammonia on your testkit...

Once, the ammonia spike, your fishes will be dead before you know it.. Ammonia can kill within a day... I know many will say, SO WHAT, IT IS JUST A FISH... It is irresponsible and not doing a favour to Mother Nature if you cannot give the fishes, the care and environment they require, it is better you not start this hobby... And we are not doing ourselves a favor by not being responsible to the fishes that we buy.. The wild reef is already be in a very bad stage due to overfishing so we should treasure the fishes we buy and try to give it the best environment we can...

And adding fishes without the a certain "amount" of bacteria will certainly crash your tank as the bacteria cannot handle breaking down all the excessive waste... And restarting with a crash tank is waste of money, fishes and time...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I have a clown fish and yellow tail devil. Both surviving. 2 Anemones white and pink added. So far, I think my tank has been cycled, with purple algae growing. My skimmer is working overtime, canister filter also working hard.

• SRC Member

Keep up n maintain with what u having now.

Read up on marine related stuff...

It's a never finish learning hobby.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

Btw,replying to your title.

U r definitely not right due to buying LS on impulse.

But at least u did your studies n eventually got to the right path

happy reefing 

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!