Skimmer recommendation needed

spyglass

• SRC Member

Hi Reefers,

Currently having a 2x1x1ft tank with LPS. Prizm skimmer just went dead. Considering getting another hang-on skimmer but likely to go into a 3ft next year with sump so unsure what i should do currently.

I've seen people using hang-on skimmers in sump tanks though not sure if recommended. And any recommendations as to Prizm or AquaC remora ? WOuld Remora Pro be an oversized for current 2ft while waiting for the 3ft ?

Enlighten me pls, thanks.

• SRC Member

Mce600 would be a good choice for hang on back skimmers

since its up to 3ft

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

Hi Bro, if you are looking for a pump replacement for Prizm.. you can get it for $60/- at QH. As for MCe600.. you can check out at sell section . A fellow Reef selling at $350/- with new damper set

• SRC Member

Hi Bro, if you are looking for a pump replacement for Prizm.. you can get it for $60/- at QH. As for MCe600.. you can check out at sell section . A fellow Reef selling at $350/- with new damper set

thanks for the price bro, just saw your reply.

Dear Spyglass,

I was in the same situation as you and i got a reef octopus Hangon as a replacement.

I then upgraded to a 4ft tank with sump, the hangon doesnt fit on the main tank due to the bracing and it doesnt fit in the sump.

Now, i am looking for a in-sump skimmer ;p

• SRC Member

Dear Baileys0,

What should i look out for in terms of bracing for hang-on skimmers ? Is it due to glass thickness or what? Or anyone knows which hangon ones are most "friendly" in terms of bracing whether when placed on main tank or sump.

• SRC Member

Most hang on's outside aint big enough for tanks that have bracing on top

I currently still believe that the mce 600 is still suitable for your needs because bracing only normally occurs at the main tank

while there is none at the sump,also the mce 600 have a has an adjustable plastic for it to support on on your tank thickness

if you cant hang it outside, its also good to go in sump :thumbsup:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg