the smallest tank size?

notyourcheese

Your tank size is possible but not easy and very limiting in terms of what you can keep.

Small tank means small volume thus it's relatively harder to maintain stable water parameters. So I guess more sensitive livestock is not advisable. The size of your tank also limits the amount and size of livestock you can keep. More often we will find ourselves wanting to buy more livestock ( LS) but our tank may not have the space. :lol:

Then probably you end up getting an upgrade soon. So I guess it's better to get the biggest tank you can afford and comfortable with to start.

So I guess it boils down to what you plan to keep and how discipline you are. :lol:

Maybe can share with us what you intend to keep ?

I think it might be doable for 1 - 2 shrimps plus a few small pieces of LR.

Main concern is whether you have previously added medication to treat livestock in your FW tank. Just like FW shrimps they are sensitive to the presence of copper.

Anyway the important thing is to go slow and plan well.

• SRC Member

No medication. Thanks for the heads up. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Control the urge to overload. :D

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Actually for marine,tank shouldn't be too small.

There must be a limit for tank size else like what our bro here say.

Very limit to the LS that u can keep. And this will make reefing no meaning liao. :)

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!