turnover rate

lcf425

• SRC Member

yupp noted bro i will surely have wavemaker just want to know what turnover form maintank>overflow>sump>maintank best turnover is how much^^ As you told me my overflow can handle 9000L/H le ma so wondering if its enough lo^^

• SRC Member

u'll still need wave maker to circulate the main tank volume water no matter what

as for the turn over rate for it just around 10-15 times not including wavemaker

yupp noted bro i will surely have wavemaker just want to know what turnover form maintank>overflow>sump>maintank best turnover is how much^^ As you told me my overflow can handle 9000L/H le ma so wondering if its enough lo^^

Hi lcf425,

Just use your tank volume (in liters) multiply by the turnover rate (10 ~ 15).

This should be the turnover that Steven is recommending.

Thus size your return pump based on this turnover will do.

For your 3x2x2 ft tank, its hold ~340liters, thus a return of 3400~5000liters/hour will just be nice.

as bro limsc spoken is the amount of flow but if go up to 20x is the most optimum which u should achive after adding the other pump

and connected to ur chiller

• SRC Member

bro just want to widen my knowledge may i know how you calucalate the down overflow capacity? As you are sure that my 30mm can cope with my 2 ehiem 1264 its due to your experience or you got some caculater?