NEED URGENT HELP!

• SRC Member

That happened b4 when i use tap water with salt mix during my first set up in marine. -_-

Main tank: 48 x 24 x 22

Skimmer: BM

Return pump: Eheim 1264

Wavemaker: Tunze 6065, 6085 & Hydor Koralia 5

Lighting: Beamworks Led

Enductor Fluidized Reactor FR30 : NP Pellets

TLF PhosBan Reactor

• SRC Member

I stop using tap water after that , should use distilled water with salt mix instead . Then i start using Iwarna top up & purple up from CaribSea . HTH :)

TLF PhosBan Reactor

• SRC Member

btw sorry but can u help me id those corals? =/ Not sure what they are..

Maybe some expert here can help on that . :ThanxSmiley:

TLF PhosBan Reactor

• SRC Member

First picture seem to show mushroom corallimorphs and zoanthids on the lower right. Second picture shows a Euphyllia at the center, plerogyra sinuosa (or its skeleton) on the right, Palythoa polyps below it, Orange sea sponge above it and some rhodactis mushrooms all around.

Seems like you've only recently started your marine tank. Please be informed that BEFORE you can put anything living (corals, fish, invertibrates, etc...) in, your tank needs a cycling period of 4-6 weeks.

Search our forum for steps on how to properly start a tank so that you don't waste your money and so that livestock will not suffer/die needlessly. And before you buy any livestock, check that what you intend to put into your tank are fully compatible with each other.

Cheers and good luck. With the properly patience, discipline, and attitude, your tank will give you many moments of satisfaction.

• Like 1

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

First picture seem to show mushroom corallimorphs and zoanthids on the lower right. Second picture shows a Euphyllia at the center, plerogyra sinuosa (or its skeleton) on the right, Palythoa polyps below it, Orange sea sponge above it and some rhodactis mushrooms all around.

Seems like you've only recently started your marine tank. Please be informed that BEFORE you can put anything living (corals, fish, invertibrates, etc...) in, your tank needs a cycling period of 4-6 weeks.

Search our forum for steps on how to properly start a tank so that you don't waste your money and so that livestock will not suffer/die needlessly. And before you buy any livestock, check that what you intend to put into your tank are fully compatible with each other.

Cheers and good luck. With the properly patience, discipline, and attitude, your tank will give you many moments of satisfaction.

Hey. thanks alot, I got the tank and inhabitants recently from a fellow forummer here. The equipment were all prepped and ready to plug and play! Also, thanks heaps for the ID of the corals. The coral that is a skeleton, is it dead?? should i remove it? Also there's a orange ball looking thing near the orange sponge, care to share what that is? thanks

• SRC Member

tap water has chlorine and other heavy metals in it... you can't simply use tap water and mix in salt.. you have to use distilled water or make your own RO/DI water to make your salt water. You can find RO/DI units from the LFSes or from a fellow forumner here Gary.. you can see pics of his DIY RO/DI unit in the Marine products review section.

And even if you get your tank and setup from a fellow reefer, after tearing down and resetting up, you STILL Need to cycle your tank for at least 1-2 weeks or MORE depending on your volume, your parameters ( which you have to check constantly) and whether or not you add in bacteria to kick start the nitrifying processes to ensure you have enough bacteria to convert ammonia to nitrite and to nitrate.

If you have dead corals, just chuck it.

Good luck

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...