Tanggy

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Supporter
Joe. Not very sure what you mean leh. The pipe from the overflow is just to draw water to the pump. Can be more specific?? :(

Ok... so what happens when your return pump ceased operation....

will there be water feeding the closed loop pump????

:blink:

• SRC Member

Just make thr durso pipe for the closed loop shorter (or dont use for loop) then the return so the water level stop at the return but the closed loop will still get water from the overflow box as the water level wont drop below durso pipe. And provided the check valve is working. should not be a problem.

• SRC Member

well your close loop outlet is it place on the top of the tank of bottom of the tank.

if it is place at the bottom wont it cause flood to your pump if it stop function due to whatever reason..

lastly if it on top.. the way u draw your outlet for it seem like the most likily hood is that the water will flow out from the first outlet pipe rather then the 2nd.. even some wate do come out from the 2nd outlet it just a small amount and wont mean much.. thus it's no diff from using one outlet pipe...

you dont use a Y outlet pipe rather then using a F outlet

• SRC Member

Alan. hmm... I see wat you mean. this mean I either have to change the design or put another check valve to prevent backflow from entering my overflow and stop the close loop.

I was thinking of not using Y cos wanna hide behide rocks and I was planning to make the outlet of the first output to be smaller so to even out the pressure and equal the flow of the F joint.

Well back to the drawing board. :(

• SRC Member

hmm smaller output on the first huh.. what i'm afraid is might end up creating too much pressure.. what we want is current not pressure..

for me I'm using T instead... anyway i place my outlet on the top of the tank.. so u cant hardly see much of the pipe...

anyway thing is no matter how u put your pipe.. the current created is not strong enough for the whole tank.. i mean on the water surface u can see current but the middle and bottom will not have enough current to flow throught the LR which is not very gd...

like some mention using tunze really save engery and able to ensure enough current...

when u plan to make the tank..???

me going to remove my old 4 feet and going to make a new 3 or 4 feet in my living room this yr june or july..

• SRC Member

oic.. which mean quite near to me then.. cuase me aorund 10 min walk to compassvale point only..

icic.. if u want to buy LR and shorten your cycling u can go to sea life to buy cause their goods r treatable and their LR r cure before u get it..

for me I dont need to spend too much time cycling as I will be directly tranfer all my LR and LFS over to my new tank instead..

will start a thread this coming may or june..

• SRC Member

Currently considering the following 5 designs to suit my wall. I have a 6.5 ft wall beside my living room window. The Box out line is the wall out line to scale. 4 of the design are 5x2x2.5ft and one design is for a 6x2x2ft. The 5th is the 6ft. :nc:

The cabinet beside is to house chiller.

post-34-1073115373.jpg

• SRC Member

not bad.. design one gd.. but u will only left with 2 side for view of the tank..

plus chiller put in cabinet u need to take care of the hot air issue..

what me planning well be besign 2.. then use a flower pot place infront of the chiller so as to hide it...