Compatability of Goby shrimps

puppet

Hi fellow hobbyist

recently I am very interested in commensal relationships in a reeftank.

Am thinking of acquiring a goby/pistol pair, but I am just wondering would the pistol attack my coco/featherduster worms?

Is is a part of their natural diet assuming the worms are the smaller sizes type and not those larger species.

thanks a million.

• SRC Member

Hi mate, I am keeping a tiger pistol w yellow watchman... Have 3 feather dusters just outside the burrow.. No issues at all... I find pistol shrimps to be extremely peaceful, even more so than my sexy shrimps! Hope it helps!

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

Hi mate, I am keeping a tiger pistol w yellow watchman... Have 3 feather dusters just outside the burrow.. No issues at all... I find pistol shrimps to be extremely peaceful, even more so than my sexy shrimps! Hope it helps!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

If you don't mind, I would like to ask a few more questions

1) When you bought your yellow watchman and tiger pistol, did they come together as a pair? OR did you acquire them separately?

2) Did your tiger pistol harass your sexys? Saw some videos on how pistol shrimps hunt skunks

thanks for your time!

• SRC Member

Thank you for sharing your experience.

If you don't mind, I would like to ask a few more questions

1) When you bought your yellow watchman and tiger pistol, did they come together as a pair? OR did you acquire them separately?

2) Did your tiger pistol harass your sexys? Saw some videos on how pistol shrimps hunt skunks

thanks for your time!

hi there,

1. they came together as a pair.

2. the sexies live higher up in the rock works and nv venture down at all so no problem there.

so far i observed that the pistol nv really venture beyond outside its burrow. i do target feed it via a long tube and drop in a pellet everyday. it does move the sand around a fair bit so i suggest that u might wanna make sure the rocks are properly anchored to the base of the tank and not on the sand.

Hope it helps! feel free to PM me if u need more help!

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen