id this fish

pls help if you can id. the two small fishes (~1cm) in the video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have caught a few from Sentosa beach before and pretty common in Singapore sea.

Btw,, saw CF bring in b4 :evil: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Should be Monodactylus argenteus... Known to FW as Mono... They are blackish water fish able to adapt to full marine...

Ok thanks, i will google. Not sure if ok to put in tank.

I have caught a few from Sentosa beach before and pretty common in Singapore sea.

Btw,, saw CF bring in b4 :evil: !

he,he,. yes, from senstosa beach.

Ok thanks, i will google. Not sure if ok to put in tank.

he,he,. yes, from senstosa beach.

here is my previous thread...

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Hi,

Both are juveniles...The bigger one is mono (monodactylus argenteus) and the smaller one looks like a Spotted Scat ( Scatophagus argus). They are pretty common in Singapore waters, especially in East Coast.

Regards...

Raiden

pls help if you can id. the two small fishes (~1cm) in the video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hi, Bro Nuj, Scat fish may become very aggressive to other fishes and spines consist venom when growth.. And careful when handle the hard body skin as well.. But your fish size and young age still safe... Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Hi, Bro Nuj, Scat fish may become very aggressive to other fishes and spines consist venom when growth.. And careful when handle the hard body skin as well.. But your fish size and young age still safe... Cheers...

==

ok thanks.