Help! Zoa eating Nudibranch!

tofubox

Hey guys,

Woke up this morning to see my tank glass covered with 4 or 5 of these little pricks. I have since remove all my zoas and did a coral dip, removed as many of them as i could and place them in the QT tank to observe.

Question is, how am i going to remove or kill the remianing nudibranch in my DT??

Done my fair share of research. Most of the chemicals suggested aint available in our LFS. I also can't introduce a butterfly in my tank, as i have a fair bit of LPS and soft corals.

Can i add a 6 line wrasse? I already have 2 leopard wrasse inside my DT. Will they end up fighting?

Need some advice, maybe any bro here can intro me their own method of removal?

:ThanxSmiley:

I Love Stagsss

Hmmm what u use to dip your zoa? If they r Zoa eating Nudibranch, then coralrx will be useful. For zoa, actually they r quite hardy, so even if u dip your zoa under DI water they should be fine.

For prevention u can add 6 line wrasse or yellow wrasse.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Oh ok! So is it safe to assume that zoa eating nudibranch will die of starvation eventually not not attack my other corals?

Try add some beneficial pest predator like yellow wrasses.. may help to control the situation getting worst.. Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

I also encountered a zoa nudibranch attack recently and have moved all my zoas to another hospital tank for coralrx dip.

I have an adorned wrasse and melanurus wrasse as biological control in the main tank and my intent is to starve these pets to death. Can anyone advise how long does it take for them to die?

Also I heard that these nudibranch does not feed on palys. Is that true? If yes, I can keep some palys then :P

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg