Why Hammer not extend?

blueclown

Hi bro,

my hammer skeleton not extending since last week, anyone know the reason..?

Other corals & fishes are growing well in my tank.

Tns for ur advices.

I am no guru but I had similar experiences, hope it helps.

1) I realise sometimes direct flow from the wavemaker discourage the hammer from extending, it could be due to that,

2) I have this naughty bicolor blenny whose regular hangout place is this small crevice which is incidentally too near to a gonipora, sometimes I catch the blenny nippy on the arms from the gonipora whom extend too near to his hangout place, this also discourage my goni from fully extending.

cheers

I am no guru but I had similar experiences, hope it helps.

1) I realise sometimes direct flow from the wavemaker discourage the hammer from extending, it could be due to that,

2) I have this naughty bicolor blenny whose regular hangout place is this small crevice which is incidentally too near to a gonipora, sometimes I catch the blenny nippy on the arms from the gonipora whom extend too near to his hangout place, this also discourage my goni from fully extending.

cheers

Thns bro,

i've tried to relocate it to diferrent places but still the same... :(

Thns bro,

i've tried to relocate it to diferrent places but still the same... :(

Any livestock bugging it?

Maybe you could take a picture and share with us the placing and a close up of the coral, then the gurus could see if something is wrong with the coral itself :)

Appreciate your helps...

thns.

Looks like some handling problem with unwariness.. The hammer tissue looks recess badly... Try minimize handling after fixed location..Take note your temperature, do not exceed 29C. Moderate light and flow.

Try LPS amino acid & kent iodine/Tropic marin Pro-Coral Iodine to promote healing...

Frequent WC may reduce further stress due to nutrient build up...

Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Looks like some handling problem with unwariness.. The hammer tissue looks recess badly... Try minimize handling after fixed location..Take note your temperature, do not exceed 29C. Moderate light and flow.

Try LPS amino acid & kent iodine/Tropic marin Pro-Coral Iodine to promote healing...

Frequent WC may reduce further stress due to nutrient build up...

Cheers...

agreed. the receding has already reached inside the head, not a good sign but this doesn't mean the end either. supplementary feedings may also help. thats how i got my 1 head duncan which was receding all the way till the inside of the head leaving only abit of flesh and a mouth, to what it is now of 3 blooming heads. but took me many months of TLC. patience is key.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

look for flat worms as well.

also when "injured" give it lesser light and lower flow.

monitor your parameters e.g ca,mg and very impt salinity level.

good luck! :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

If tissues starts giving out brown stuff.. frag out that head.. saves the rest.. Cos the brown excretion can spread to others...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, since this post are for hammer.

I have a three head hammer, but due to my return pipe high water current. Two of them dead, too late when I realize it.

Now left only one opening up nicely.

May I know is it possible to make the two dead head grow again. Do I have to remove the head?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...