mini UPS system

stevenchia

• SRC Member

Anyone knows the cost of a rechargable battery 4.5v?

Thanks

post-18847-0-49858300-1302053582_thumb.j

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• SRC Member

Anyone knows the cost of a rechargable battery 4.5v?

Thanks

Sorry 12v, 4.5 AH.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

• SRC Member

12V, 4.8AH ~ 5 Red note

Thanks. Think i will give it a pass.

Please give some opinions for below.

I will then design the circuit UPS for may cooler fan using 12v 500ma.

Will be using a external battery 12v cell "D" size, that will be 8 cells as a backup battery.

Compoents will be some transistors, replays, Zdiodes, resistor, inverter, buzzer.

Condition 1: 12v 500ma supply on normal usage for my x3 cpu fans currently.

Input 12v -> 5v=0, output buzzer/External Batt will be 0.

Condition 2: 12v 500ma supply fails..

Input becomes 0v, turning on transistor that enable relay, giving output buzzer/External Batt that will be = 1.

Buzzer will sound and backup batt will in control.

:idea:

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure how much is the 12v 4.5ah SLA price but for reference, I checked for a OEM 12v 5ah battery that costs slightly lesser than 2 red notes. Another source I saw at SLT quoted me almost 5 red notes but that's a Japanese brand battery.

• SRC Member

I'm not sure how much is the 12v 4.5ah SLA price but for reference, I checked for a OEM 12v 5ah battery that costs slightly lesser than 2 red notes. Another source I saw at SLT quoted me almost 5 red notes but that's a Japanese brand battery.

Changed the idea of using ups.. looking forward to some idea. if my power adapter(Chiller/fan) spoilt, water temperature goes up to 32 deg, all byebye... So think of using some "C" size batteries to run 12v, should be able to run for quite some time. So that battery will take over from power adapter, when adapter turns faulty or bad.. Is a matter of time only..

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

well, first of all u need to know how long u want to run the fans ... I've certainly no idea ! :thumbsup:

I would go for a fan(s) with thermostat controller via UPS option though. The fan(s) will cover the event of a faulty chiller where as the UPS will cover the power failure option. Then again, the UPS may not be necessary since SG seldom have any long periods of power failure.

• SRC Member

well, first of all u need to know how long u want to run the fans ... I've certainly no idea ! :thumbsup:

I would go for a fan(s) with thermostat controller via UPS option though. The fan(s) will cover the event of a faulty chiller where as the UPS will cover the power failure option. Then again, the UPS may not be necessary since SG seldom have any long periods of power failure.

wOO.. kind of complicated using thermostat controller just for fan.. Using thermostat for fan is it very efficient? For mine, i running the x3 cpu fans at 28.5degree. Its more or less the same... dun fluctuate much.. so dun think a thermostat needed..

When equipment of the life span is up, 1 time will wipe up everything.. So always do a standby...

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of: