homemade coral/fish food

Zoa guy

• SRC Member

what an interesting thread!!!

Anyone tried dried yeast mixed with the food? i remembered reading some where that its good for the color of the fish.

Also has anyone tried adding 1 capsule of cod liver oil to hold all the juices n powdery bits together - i read only, havent tried.

what i use is fish meat, garlic, spirulina, duck weeds

cheers

• SRC Member

The Sushi RAW seaweed I got from Jusco JB.. Hardly find affordable price unprocess Sushi Seaweed here..

There's this packet of seaweed sitting in our kitchen cabinet. It's like those seaweed you pick in a Yong Tou Fu store. There's no mention of raw seaweed on the package. The print says something like "Specialty from Fu Jian" & "High class seaweed". Do you think it's suitable for my tangs?

5632599505_187a6173dc.jpg

There's this packet of seaweed sitting in our kitchen cabinet. It's like those seaweed you pick in a Yong Tou Fu store. There's no mention of raw seaweed on the package. The print says something like "Specialty from Fu Jian" & "High class seaweed". Do you think it's suitable for my tangs?

5632599505_187a6173dc.jpg

Probably need to check first.. Soak or wash before uses.. And check the water any oil base signature.. That is always some risk, we did not not the sources handling process like wash or dried procedure.. So, better soak/wash before uses..

U can serve them with Garlic soak..

Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Thanks for the advise bro. Will check before feeling to my tangs. BTW, my mom said that these sea weed sometimes trap sand because they were sun dried. Nowadays probably oven dried.

Here are some pics of my first attempt. I added

three prawns,

two mussels,

5ml of 5 in 1,

5 ml of coral accel,

two cubes of hikari mysis shrimps.

20ml of water

I didnt blend the blender cuz my mom locked it up somewhere far far away...so i chopped it up into small pieces, put the mixture into a ziploc bag and froze it into a slab

post-19232-0-75471100-1303285331_thumb.j

The slab

post-19232-0-18309100-1303285558_thumb.j

my shrimp caught a big piece of it...still eating

• SRC Member

Here are some pics of my first attempt. I added

three prawns,

two mussels,

5ml of 5 in 1,

5 ml of coral accel,

two cubes of hikari mysis shrimps.

20ml of water

I didnt blend the blender cuz my mom locked it up somewhere far far away...so i chopped it up into small pieces, put the mixture into a ziploc bag and froze it into a slab

my shrimp caught a big piece of it...still eating

.......hope u chopped it fine enough, otherwise ur fishes got to open up their jaws real big ;)

......2nd time always getss better :)

bro, try fish meat, the tuna type eg sekla, kuning, etc