Fishes die suddenly

• SRC Member

Have you checked for isopods? If you don't know what they are, do a search on them. I lost a few fishes 1 by 1 until I found the cause. Isopods!

Also, make sure that no electricity is leaking into the water. That may be another cause of fishes going 1 by 1.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

Have you checked for isopods? If you don't know what they are, do a search on them. I lost a few fishes 1 by 1 until I found the cause. Isopods!

Also, make sure that no electricity is leaking into the water. That may be another cause of fishes going 1 by 1.

Isopods? What is that? Will check it out!

Recently caught some wild filefish, added to my tank three days ago. Today all of them died, left one of smallest one. One was found dead on a rock, another in decorator's mouth, another body missing. Are wildfishes unstable unable to adapt to tank environment? They were feeding on pellets and mysis.

Recently caught some wild filefish, added to my tank three days ago. Today all of them died, left one of smallest one. One was found dead on a rock, another in decorator's mouth, another body missing. Are wildfishes unstable unable to adapt to tank environment? They were feeding on pellets and mysis.

I think u need to put them in a quarantine tank first cos they might not feed readily and maybe when feeding, they are starve to death cos they can't feed as fast as the rest of the bully

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...