finger tingling when i place it in tank water

Anemone

• SRC Member

yes get it repaired... if it's tingling you... I can't imagine what's your fish experiencing all this time 24/7 ..

good luck!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Hi there...

I also have this issue.

What i did was to ground the chasis...

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

yes get it repaired... if it's tingling you... I can't imagine what's your fish experiencing all this time 24/7 ..

good luck!

:)

maybe i phrased it wrong. i only get the shock as my water enters the water. after that it's fine.

still, i have to see if the supplier can repair or change the thing for me. else i have to look for other options.

• SRC Member

I do not have a chiller but i do have this issue too . Hope some experts here can elaborate more & share with us . Where can we get those stuffs ? How do we & where do we install those on our tank . Any of our LFS selling ? Hope to see someone selling @ this coming Aquarama . :cheers:

Main tank: 48 x 24 x 22

Skimmer: BM

Return pump: Eheim 1264

Wavemaker: Tunze 6065, 6085 & Hydor Koralia 5

Lighting: Beamworks Led

Enductor Fluidized Reactor FR30 : NP Pellets

TLF PhosBan Reactor

guys, change those round Euro 2 pin plugs away to a 3 pin. No need to ground the chasis. or simply get a proper adaptor. those EURO 2 pin plugs will not be grounded if you use those cheap multi adaptors.

Tank : 2.5 x1.5 x 2

Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC3.5

Lighting : Maxspect 110W

Chiller : Hailea 150 @ 27Deg

Salt : TropicMarin

guys, change those round Euro 2 pin plugs away to a 3 pin. No need to ground the chasis. or simply get a proper adaptor. those EURO 2 pin plugs will not be grounded if you use those cheap multi adaptors.

Its annoying to have the more expensive equipment come in with non-UK plugs. i wish they'll change them to the 3 pins when they get to singapore.

• SRC Member

This is a very serious n dangerous issue.

Electricity is leaking dude...

Better get it solve fast.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

Grounding the chiller with 3-pin plug(assuming the chiller power cord includes the ground cable) dosen't mean the chiller is no longer leaking current.

would re-wiring the 2 pin into a std UK 3-pin solve the issue? thats wat the supplier recommended.

• SRC Member

would re-wiring the 2 pin into a std UK 3-pin solve the issue? thats wat the supplier recommended.

If a 3-pin can solve the problem, shouldn't it be factory fitted in the 1st place? Sorry but I'm a little skeptical to this recommendation.

I feel that you should talk to qualified electricians who has experience with Hailea chillers for a 2nd or 3rd opinion. This way, you'll pretty much know what's wrong & how much it's going to cost to get it fixed.

If a 3-pin can solve the problem, shouldn't it be factory fitted in the 1st place? Sorry but I'm a little skeptical to this recommendation.

I feel that you should talk to qualified electricians who has experience with Hailea chillers for a 2nd or 3rd opinion. This way, you'll pretty much know what's wrong & how much it's going to cost to get it fixed.

from wat i hear, the power cable has a ground wire that's not used by the original 2 pin. he proposing to re-wire all 3 wires properly in a 3 pin plug.

lol i dunno. i was nv good at electrical stuff.

Hi bro, what u mean by getting a proper adaptor? do u mean multi plug power extension? must get those good ones? any recommendation?

For those good ones even if y connect 2 pin, it will still be grounded? Thx...

Main Tank: 4x2x2 with 5 FT Piano Finishing Cabinet

Sump Tank: 32" by 18" by 16"

Arctica Chiller 1/4 HP DBE 200

Vortech MP40wES Wavemaker

Skimz 201 Skimmer

DE Lighting Retro Fit 6x54W T5 tubes

Eheim 1264 Chiller and Return Pump

American Pinpoint PH and Temperature Monitor

KDK 15WUD Chiller Compartment Fan

Tunze Osmolator ATO

• SRC Member

I do not have a chiller but i do have this issue too . Hope some experts here can elaborate more & share with us . Where can we get those stuffs ? How do we & where do we install those on our tank . Any of our LFS selling ? Hope to see someone selling @ this coming Aquarama . :cheers:

Better to be safe then sorry . Anyone care to share ? :ThanxSmiley:

Main tank: 48 x 24 x 22

Skimmer: BM

Return pump: Eheim 1264

Wavemaker: Tunze 6065, 6085 & Hydor Koralia 5

Lighting: Beamworks Led

Enductor Fluidized Reactor FR30 : NP Pellets

TLF PhosBan Reactor

Hi bro, what u mean by getting a proper adaptor? do u mean multi plug power extension? must get those good ones? any recommendation?

For those good ones even if y connect 2 pin, it will still be grounded? Thx...

if you look at the german 2pins, they have a grounding metal part on top but its flat compared to the normal 3pin plugs. if you stick it into out normal adaptors that do no have a metal contact on top, your equipment is not grounded and hence stray voltages cannot flow out. look for the proper eur plugs adaptors, if not just buy a 3pin plug and change it. see attached pic. notice on top, the proper adaptors have a metal contact on top.

that will solve your stray voltages which is quite common.

post-3179-0-92005200-1304181702_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Tank : 2.5 x1.5 x 2

Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC3.5

Lighting : Maxspect 110W

Chiller : Hailea 150 @ 27Deg

Salt : TropicMarin

if you look at the german 2pins, they have a grounding metal part on top but its flat compared to the normal 3pin plugs. if you stick it into out normal adaptors that do no have a metal contact on top, your equipment is not grounded and hence stray voltages cannot flow out. look for the proper eur plugs adaptors, if not just buy a 3pin plug and change it. see attached pic. notice on top, the proper adaptors have a metal contact on top.

nice tip.

ic... thx bro...... btw where u bought yrs? the homefix DIY shop got sell?

Skimz 201 Skimmer

Tunze Osmolator ATO

Sim lim tower have. one basement shop called jetwell. it looks different but has the metal contact to the ground pin.

Alright bro... will go check it out..... thx...

Skimz 201 Skimmer

Tunze Osmolator ATO

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Just now I change water,I encounter the same problem too when I dipped my hand into my sump...

Y is this happening?

1. My multi adaptor is those approved type!

2. I dun have a chiller.

3. My equipement r fan,MH,skimmer,wavemaker,ehiem 1264.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

Just now I change water,I encounter the same problem too when I dipped my hand into my sump...

Y is this happening?

1. My multi adaptor is those approved type!

2. I dun have a chiller.

3. My equipement r fan,MH,skimmer,wavemaker,ehiem 1264.

Bro... u can try off yr equipment one by one and check which one is the root cause......

Do update and let us know which item is the cause..... thanks......

Skimz 201 Skimmer

Tunze Osmolator ATO