Water cooling using fan inside cabinet?

stevenchia

• SRC Member

Anyone using fan to coo down for display cabinet?

Able to do it without a chiller?

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• SRC Member

Yeah, I recently installed a PC fan for my 2ft cube. Brought down temp by 3 degrees. Not so worry about hot afternoons now. ^_^

yah i know, what about a built-in cabinet fish tank.. full height enclosed? All covered up.. able to cool down?

Think of a partition wall feature nano tank.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

• SRC Member

The cooling is due to higher water evaporation rate. So you'll need to find an exhaust over your cabinet to extract the moist air. Otherwise it's not gonna work very well. Alternatively, if your sump provides a sufficient large water surface area, deploying a fan there with an additional exhaust fan will also work. You can test the concept by temporarily leaving your cabinet doors open to see if temperature reduction meets your need.

• SRC Member

The cooling is due to higher water evaporation rate. So you'll need to find an exhaust over your cabinet to extract the moist air. Otherwise it's not gonna work very well. Alternatively, if your sump provides a sufficient large water surface area, deploying a fan there with an additional exhaust fan will also work. You can test the concept by temporarily leaving your cabinet doors open to see if temperature reduction meets your need.

Leaving your cabinet doors open to see if temperature reduction meets your need.. it will be too late.. guess must do alot planning.. Iam not sure of doing a sump as return pump increase temperature?Or it will helps to reduce increase of temperature?

I wanna custom make a nano tank L 2.5 feet x w 1 feet x H 1 feet. Using low pwer consumption. No skimer,chiller and power lightings.

Currently i got 2 nano tank. Doing very well with many sps,lps,zoas.. 1x1x1, 2x0.5x1

Pls advise.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

• SRC Member

Leaving your cabinet doors open to see if temperature reduction meets your need.. it will be too late.. guess must do alot planning.. Iam not sure of doing a sump as return pump increase temperature?Or it will helps to reduce increase of temperature?

I wanna custom make a nano tank L 2.5 feet x w 1 feet x H 1 feet. Using low pwer consumption. No skimer,chiller and power lightings.

Currently i got 2 nano tank. Doing very well with many sps,lps,zoas.. 1x1x1, 2x0.5x1

Pls advise.

Pls advise if possible to fit in an ice probe in sump tank? performance able to cope with a nano tank L 2.5 feet x w 1 feet x H 1 feet in enclosed cabinet.?

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of:

• SRC Member

Pls advise.

To reduce temperature, your sump return pump can be position out-sump.

Below is how I place my previous IOS tank return pump to minimize heat.

2788167229_5bd33c4bc6.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I recently installed a PC fan for my 2ft cube. Brought down temp by 3 degrees. Not so worry about hot afternoons now. ^_^

Nice idea you got there dude. Think I'mm give it a try later. :welldone: