water Salinity too high

pandagold

• SRC Member

:X I hate it when i am right... lucky i show you how innaccurate that swing needle type is huh? but i do know snails will KO very fast in too high salinity water.... but i guess gradual bring down is good for everything

Swing Needle will be kept in my shelve as a reminder of cheap products does not mean good .

But strangely, my orange mushy grew double ( 5 inches across ) it's size since I transfered it from my old tank to this new tank ???

:X I hate it when i am right... lucky i show you how innaccurate that swing needle type is huh? but i do know snails will KO very fast in too high salinity water.... but i guess gradual bring down is good for everything

• SRC Member

the pressures put on fish osmotic system will be increased therefore their immune system will be severely impacted... coral colour seems not to be at optimal (not radiant) and also in severe cases may lead to death of the organizm....impact on corals is not immediate... it may take days/weeks for the coral to show any sign of degeneration.. so its up to us to check daily /2 days once the salinity...

Samuelo i suspect your LS is already acclimitized to your condition... and high chances are that you are buying LS at its optimal condition.... what if one day you buy something thats not very healthy? lol

Regards,

Omar

I guess it could be high salinity level that cause my new coral beauty purchased last weekend to died after 3 days in my tank.

Currently all my old corals seems fine, but it's the new additions seems a little stress .

Time to wip out my RO/DI unit and gradually remove salt water and add RO/DI water.

the pressures put on fish osmotic system will be increased therefore their immune system will be severely impacted... coral colour seems not to be at optimal (not radiant) and also in severe cases may lead to death of the organizm....impact on corals is not immediate... it may take days/weeks for the coral to show any sign of degeneration.. so its up to us to check daily /2 days once the salinity...

Samuelo i suspect your LS is already acclimitized to your condition... and high chances are that you are buying LS at its optimal condition.... what if one day you buy something thats not very healthy? lol

Regards,

Omar

neither does epensive products means good.... just have a clear understanding of what you are doing and you will be fine :)

Hi Bro, any advice on what the brand/type of equipment can use to check accurate salinity? Thanks....

Main Tank: 4x2x2 with 5 FT Piano Finishing Cabinet

Sump Tank: 32" by 18" by 16"

Arctica Chiller 1/4 HP DBE 200

Vortech MP40wES Wavemaker

Skimz 201 Skimmer

DE Lighting Retro Fit 6x54W T5 tubes

Eheim 1264 Chiller and Return Pump

American Pinpoint PH and Temperature Monitor

KDK 15WUD Chiller Compartment Fan

Tunze Osmolator ATO

refractometer for sea water use.

Got pix? any marine shop got sell? thanks....

Main Tank: 4x2x2 with 5 FT Piano Finishing Cabinet

Sump Tank: 32" by 18" by 16"

Arctica Chiller 1/4 HP DBE 200

Vortech MP40wES Wavemaker

Skimz 201 Skimmer

DE Lighting Retro Fit 6x54W T5 tubes

Eheim 1264 Chiller and Return Pump

American Pinpoint PH and Temperature Monitor

KDK 15WUD Chiller Compartment Fan

Tunze Osmolator ATO