Toxic Secondary Metabolites

Oprime

Hi Guys

Just read this enlightening article by Chris Jury on Reef Central (Renaming our Corals). I am going to have a 6 foot reef tank installed soon and I'm concerned about the following:-

How best to avoid chemoreception (where the corals sense "intruders")? How much space should we leave between them so that we won't have chemical warfare! Apparently this is the cause of corals mysteriously dying in our tanks. When there isn't enough space and they start getting territorial.

It is advisable not to use a protein skimmer and just run an algae scrubber (phosphates and nitrates get removed) so that the tank is not robbed of important nutrients that will feed the coral?

Bearing in mind that my tank will be 2 feet high, will the use of T5s be sufficient? I am not concerned about having all sorts of SPS' and LPS' in my tank. All i want is for it to be colorful and peaceful and some anemone for a group of clownfish.

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards

G

AH SIANG KISS MY ARSE