3 stage DI system

cyberpig

• SRC Member

Depends in how often you actually fill up your drums. More often you use it will exhaust the resins more. Think the catridge and resins replaced 3/ 6 mths iirc. If your tank is small and feasible for you to buy the pure distilled water than it's ok. Bigger tanks are better off with the one 3 or 5 stage at home.

• SRC Supporter

over the long run, the Ro/DI unit will save you money in term of cost per water . The only trouble i had previously with distilled water , i have to find a space to store the bulky empty bottle in the house, and i don't think they are willing to deliver only one bottle each time.

I will be using solely for top up only. Too lazy to mix salt any water change would be using NSW or pre-mixed salt water from LFS.

I have very limited space at home any have no space for those large distilled water. Think more of those 1.5 litres bottles like Natural Life (approx $1 for 3 litres when on offer).

So will running a 3 stage DI be more economical in the long run? It is definitely more convenient compared to hauling a caton of water from supermarket back home.