Sign in to follow this  
LittleBurger

wat r the considerations involved when buyng a mid range priced skimme

Going to upgrade my Skimmer. Looking to get one that can either support a 3x3x2 or 4x2.5x2.

BK Skimmer tat support this capacity is out, too ex.

Zooming down to cone skimmers reef octopus, skimz, Atb. Am interested in vertex alpha cone but seems like sg very limited in varieties of Skimmer.

I was searching thru the forum n chanced abt after sales support for Skimmer. Seems like only deltec provides good after sales. Skimz n reef octopus were not really emphasized to have gd support.

For skimz I looking at sk181, for reef octopus xp2000 n Atb nano. Pricing are $425, $7xxs n $13xx.

So far reading the web n the quality of Skimmer ultimately boils down to pump reliability n spare parts.

Should the price of products equate to gd customer support? I thought so, but am I right to think tat way?

Anyone got gd exp or bad to share. U can pm me too. Thks.

It really depends on your budget. If it is a tight one, you might wanna consider Bubble Magus series. Value for money.

Get the best skimmer you can afford.

Bro,

I had drawn a chart when I was compairing some of the reliable skimmers in the market 1 year back for my tank.

Hope that will help you... my final choice was Skimz 251 based on price / performance / energy factor. I also consider the local support of the skimmer. So far so good, I never need a support anyway.. as the pumps never fail me... :welldone:

good luck for your search ..

if you dont mind a 2nd hand skimmer

you might want to consider deltec ap701 or ap851

price should be around $400 at our nearest pasar malam

Going to upgrade my Skimmer. Looking to get one that can either support a 3x3x2 or 4x2.5x2.

BK Skimmer tat support this capacity is out, too ex.

Zooming down to cone skimmers reef octopus, skimz, Atb. Am interested in vertex alpha cone but seems like sg very limited in varieties of Skimmer.

I was searching thru the forum n chanced abt after sales support for Skimmer. Seems like only deltec provides good after sales. Skimz n reef octopus were not really emphasized to have gd support.

For skimz I looking at sk181, for reef octopus xp2000 n Atb nano. Pricing are $425, $7xxs n $13xx.

So far reading the web n the quality of Skimmer ultimately boils down to pump reliability n spare parts.

Should the price of products equate to gd customer support? I thought so, but am I right to think tat way?

Anyone got gd exp or bad to share. U can pm me too. Thks.

Just bought a Sm121 skimz skimmer at $285. So far one day got skimate already.

get a 2nd hand deltec skimmer from pasar malam..

Closed my eyes n place order bk double cone 200. My early self reward Xmas present.... gonna be painful when I foot the bill...