Newbie's 1½ Nano tank...

limsteel

Tank size: 1½ft x 1ft x1ft Boyu tank With Guppy tank as Sump housing some Macro Algae, Coral Chips, Activated Carbon fine filter Sponge.

4cm thick grade 0 sand and about 15kg Live rock

2ft Atman FL light with 15W Actinic Blue & 15W White 6500K.

Start Date: 23 Oct 2004

Planning for Mushroom, Buttons... 1 Clown, 1 Blenny, 1 B.Red Shrimp, 1 crab, Some Snails. to be added slowly after 24 Nov 2004

post-69-1100066912.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was given a L2ft x W1 x H1½ tank free... so using exisiting accessories I set it up.

Skimmer: Red Sea Prizm Skimmer

Filter: Eheim Liberty 200 - mainly Bio Ring, Ehiem original filter pads.

Lights: Atman FL 15W Actinic Blue and 15W 10000K

In tank: about 30Kg of Live Rocks.

will DIY a small HangOn plastic refugium later.

post-69-1104693876.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Brother, yur reef seem got no sand bed is it???Jst to be more careful when u place yur lr & coral. If can, better put a thin layer of sand to act as cusion.. (safety precautin) Hope to c more pic. Pls keep us update.. Nice work :D

Diabolus:

Bro I tried my best to put it mid height... but as all my rocks are smaller than the Bubble how to support it, bo pian then put on at the base... Anyway that the beginning part... now it is bigger... nearly put the hammer side by side until I read that will sting each other...

chucky:

yah... I got a sandless setup... there are acrylics sheets underneath the rock... so the presurre will be distributed... no worry about point pressure stressing the tank base.

Still can bigger?! :shock: OK I think I need a bigger tank liao!

plate still in my plastic tank... realised that it is pissed with the powerhead vibration. When adjust the Powerhead for minimum vibes... it shrink down to normal size... really need to sell him off... find a good home... my 2ft is not for him... actually even the bubble is also too hugh for 2ft.

I was thinking huge as in 2 fist... Scarly go to your house see one bowling ball! :P wanna reject also not nice as you reserve for me liao...

Updates 29 Jan 2005

Added new Coral.. Further mod my light further to 2 x 36W PL, Osram tube are yellowish... make the diatom stand out! :mad: AEC tube are whiter, guess should be range at ±8000K :) maybe should change them both to AEC.

Using Red Sea NO3 Test kit, Measure the Tank's NO3 level is at 20ppm... also tested water straight from tap to be 10ppm. what to use to removed NO3, water change can;t seems to help even when I do it weekly. Chemipure? Diatom is constantly growing luckily snail muching away. Anyway anyone has some Sea Lettuse to spare wanna start a mini Fuge.

Observation:

Look how big the bubble is! my wife says it look like an alien! :D and Diabolus says it can be bigger! :bow:

Green Muchroom when I brought back was green, place in my tank and it turned pinkish to reddish purple... what happen?

Star polys seems reluctant to open fully... anyway to make it open fully!

post-69-1107011070.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

agreed B)

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

I got these fellow growing slowly but steadily on the star polys. The 2 hermits, 8 snails, 1 Stripped Blenny, 2 Blood shrimp... didn't make a meal out of it...

Do forgive the poor quality of the pics... anyway to get rid of it other then using Hands? as Manual remover will not be 100% clean... I can't control my 20ppm NO3 thru water change as RedSea NO3 tested 10ppm of NO3 in my tap water. PO4 not tested though...

post-69-1108306595.jpg

• 1 month later...