take a lot at the two identical pump

stevenkoh08

• SRC Member

Laguna Max-Flo

• Like 2

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member
ya you're right man

So u are saying both pumps are exactly the same?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

ya that's right laguna made in italy and having a flow rate of similar 1w = 100L/h as i'm using

16000L/h at a consumption of 160watts

the shaft is the same made of ceramic silent and powerful i can connect a 6ft tank with three outlet at 16mm diameter pvc pipe

total up of almost 7m AND YET I PUT MY HAND AT THE OUTLET I STILL CAN FEEL QUITE A STRONG FLOW

although it can't be adjusted the pump by controller but it a good pump for return more over it have 3yrs warranty with local agent

however i intend to install it out sump pump when my order of the quick coupling arrive next week, as it only come with one..

• SRC Member
ya that's right laguna made in italy and having a flow rate of similar 1w = 100L/h as i'm using

16000L/h at a consumption of 160watts

the shaft is the same made of ceramic silent and powerful i can connect a 6ft tank with three outlet at 16mm diameter pvc pipe

total up of almost 7m AND YET I PUT MY HAND AT THE OUTLET I STILL CAN FEEL QUITE A STRONG FLOW

although it can be adjusted the pump by controller but it a good pump for return more over it have 3yrs warranty with local agent

however i intend to install it out sump pump when my order of the quick coupling arrive next week, as it only come with one..

Which model is this? In the manufacturer website, the only 16,000L/hr pump is supposed to be used for pond applications?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Steven, good find, care to share where you got it from?

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

yes it the pond pump as stated but it safe for marine as well in us they use it for marine

even if u take a closer look at iwarna their tank at the side with LPS show tank also using this model but the 11000L one

seen all parts are not stanless steel it won't even corode

if u do a google sreach on the review you'll find it which i read up before i purchase

what is the disadvantage is the shaft can't be kept and winter and leave it dry as ceramic shaft will frezze up and break once put into use ( to our local is not an issue anymore)

the outer casing have to remove as it too big

• SRC Member
yes it the pond pump as stated but it safe for marine as well in us they use it for marine

even if u take a closer look at iwarna their tank at the side with LPS show tank also using this model but the 11000L one

seen all parts are not stanless steel it won't even corode

if u do a google sreach on the review you'll find it which i read up before i purchase

what is the disadvantage is the shaft can't be kept and winter and leave it dry as ceramic shaft will frezze up and break once put into use ( to our local is not an issue anymore)

the outer casing have to remove as it too big

Yes, I know Iwarna uses this pump also. In fact they use one of the models when they deliver NSW to me... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

it a good way to explore new things just to let u all know so far i've went to island wide and seaview is the most cheapest less than 8 blue notes w/ 3yrs warranty

where as else where is more than 10 blue notes

I believe the fresh water ones cannot be used for saltwater due to different types of metal used. Good luck if you're using for saltwater.

hi it not meant to be use for only fresh water then what kind of material is for fresh water or saltwater

it already stated all material is safe for long term use in water without corrode

cause of it big output which not suitable for small tank even a 6ft unless u distribute the flow into different direction

ok here as to prove

skimmer usage

return pump usage

pump usage

• SRC Member
hi it not meant to be use for only fresh water then what kind of material is for fresh water or saltwater

it already stated all material is safe for long term use in water without corrode

cause of it big output which not suitable for small tank even a 6ft unless u distribute the flow into different direction

ok here as to prove

skimmer usage

return pump usage

pump usage

I've read about it in the diy section at reef central about diying a RD pump from a laguna pump. But maybe I could be wrong though. Also, the output is too powerful and our skimmer might not have the chance to properly skim the water as it flow past the feed pump. I think a 8000lt/hr pump is the limit for a 4ft tank like mine. Used a RD 8 2m3 before for 2 years until it conked out. Repair price cost nearly half the price of a new one.

• SRC Member
ya 8000l/h for a 4ft is more than enough but if u want to flow at different output like me u still can go for bigger one and cut down on wave maker liao lo

i've three output using 16000l/h on a 6ft

output from the return pipe will be direct n narrow. programmable wavemaker have wider n random flow, which is good for sps....

output from the return pipe will be direct n narrow. programmable wavemaker have wider n random flow, which is good for sps....

ya quite true but i use ball valve to turn it in a wat spread out in wide spray than direct flow