Help!!!! Sump tank leak!!!!!!&

bkburger

3am in the morning, my house was flooded with water, and i found that it was becos my 3ft old sump tank leak, water was flowing out very quickily, and worst overflown was pumping water down to sump, and i have a great fall, hurt my wrist so badly that it swallon like a pig hand.

Now there is nothing much i can do, the filter media is dry and i believe all the bacteria is dead.

So all bros out there, what should i do now??? Can the fishes and some coral survive without any filteration? I have waver turn on, and some live rock. My tank is a 5ft. I will try to feed less but not sure how long can they survive without filteration.

Should i get a small internal skimmer for the time being? Do you guys think it help?

Where can i get a sump tank? Dont want a used one, better buy a new one.

My whole family was awake and everyone was helping in cleaning, luckily my floor is not wood type, if not i dont think they will allow me to keep any fish anymore. My advice to all bros, if your tank, whether is main or sump tank, if it OLD, pls change!!!!!!

Any advice will be a great help, thank you!!!!!!

3am in the morning, my house was flooded with water, and i found that it was becos my 3ft old sump tank leak, water was flowing out very quickily, and worst overflown was pumping water down to sump, and i have a great fall, hurt my wrist so badly that it swallon like a pig hand.

Now there is nothing much i can do, the filter media is dry and i believe all the bacteria is dead.

So all bros out there, what should i do now??? Can the fishes and some coral survive without any filteration? I have waver turn on, and some live rock. My tank is a 5ft. I will try to feed less but not sure how long can they survive without filteration.

Should i get a small internal skimmer for the time being? Do you guys think it help?

Where can i get a sump tank? Dont want a used one, better buy a new one.

My whole family was awake and everyone was helping in cleaning, luckily my floor is not wood type, if not i dont think they will allow me to keep any fish anymore. My advice to all bros, if your tank, whether is main or sump tank, if it OLD, pls change!!!!!!

Any advice will be a great help, thank you!!!!!!

Have sufficient water movement in the main tank and feed less. Should be able to last until you get a new sump. If it's urgent you could go to Mainland Tropical Fish Farm at Pasir Ris Farmway 3 to buy a blue tub just for temporary usage. It could also be a permanent solution.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

U can go to aquastar(yishun) and get a braced tank which shld be safer... Its cheap also...:)

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

• SRC Supporter

This is one of the worst thing that can happen in reefing. So did you check what is the main cause of your leakage ? Is the leak from the silicon holding the sump give way or ?

The live rock inside your main tank would be able to act as your temp biological filtration, and as what Fuel said feed less at this moment until you get a new sump installed. Run a simple air stone in the main stone will help as well, meanwhile you can contact any tank maker to make a new sump for you.

Hi, thanks for the advice, the reason i believe was becos the sump tank was old, it was given to me 2 years ago by a friend who keep Luohan fish, i think the sillicon give way in some area. But actual reason i am not sure cos as my hand cannot even turn my aircon knob, only finger can move but no strength due to the fall, so i just leave the tank and media inside the cabinet. My father is way too old to take it out.

I was thinking of getting a tank maker to build a new sump, but that might take at least 10 days(for the sillicon to harden), i just prey those fish and coral can sirvive til the sump is ready, maybe i change water more often this period.

• SRC Member

Hi, thanks for the advice, the reason i believe was becos the sump tank was old, it was given to me 2 years ago by a friend who keep Luohan fish, i think the sillicon give way in some area. But actual reason i am not sure cos as my hand cannot even turn my aircon knob, only finger can move but no strength due to the fall, so i just leave the tank and media inside the cabinet. My father is way too old to take it out.

I was thinking of getting a tank maker to build a new sump, but that might take at least 10 days(for the sillicon to harden), i just prey those fish and coral can sirvive til the sump is ready, maybe i change water more often this period.

Bro sad to hear that, but you can try to use a hang on skimmer in the meantime till u get the sump ready,

All the best!

• SRC Member

If there're shops near your house that sell Toyogo boxes, you can try to get one as a temporary sump. Get a plastic rectangular basket with hanging hooks. Put filter wool in it as a pre-filter.

• SRC Member

If there're shops near your house that sell Toyogo boxes, you can try to get one as a temporary sump. Get a plastic rectangular basket with hanging hooks. Put filter wool in it as a pre-filter.

ya get a Toyogo box from TPY toyogo w/h .. easy to drill hole on plastic and fit all the bulkhead and use as a temp sump

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

Sad to hear this. Must be freaking scary...

Meanwhile your tank can use air stone to generate oxygen. Make sure here's enough water movement in tank for circulation. Skimmer wise dun have to worry. A week or 2 without it shouldn't affect much on those fishes. Act fast and get your sump done.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!