on my chiller for 24hr??

KIM

1.Do i on my chiller for 24hr or can i off it when light is off??(save $$)

Your chiller should be left on 24 hrs, if you are refering to saving the utility bills, that will depend on whether your chiller is over or under power to your tank size.

• SRC Member

no u cant. when temp up to the high set value (eg:28C), the compressor will turn on and this time power takes in alot.

when temp goes down to the lower set value (eg:26C), this compressor will stop and now total power is very low. so u cant switch off cuz too dangerous to have ur fish feeling hot cook while sleeping

no u cant. when temp up to the high set value, the compressor will on and this time power takes in much

when temp down to the lower set value, this compressor will stop and total power is very low. so u can switch off cuz dangerous to have ur fish feeling hot while sleeping

catch no ball what you are trying to say.

"u can switch off cuz dangerous to have ur fish feeling hot while sleeping"

Care to explain what you meant by the above statement?

thanks.

• SRC Member
1.Do i on my chiller for 24hr or can i off it when light is off??(save $$)

Just leave your chiller switched on permantly.... so long as your set point are in place, the chiller will then kick in and out accordingly... normally in the night it would not be running as much as in the day when the MH are switch on.... power wise... it is negilible when it is in the standby mode... hope this helps ya..

no u cant. when temp up to the high set value (eg:28C), the compressor will turn on and this time power takes in alot.

when temp goes down to the lower set value (eg:26C), this compressor will stop and now total power is very low. so u cant switch off cuz too dangerous to have ur fish feeling hot cook while sleeping

Still dun get you. I simply cant connect what has switching off resulting in fish feeling hot when sleeping. Does that mean only when fish sleep then they feel hot or wat?

The chiller should not be switch off as you want to maintain a constant temperature in your tank, too drastic change or fluctuations in temperature is no good to your livestock.

Just leave your chiller switched on permantly.... so long as your set point are in place, the chiller will then kick in and out accordingly... normally in the night it would not be running as much as in the day when the MH are switch on.... power wise... it is negilible when it is in the standby mode... hope this helps ya..

Ya and there are people whom claim 1/4 can support to 4 & 5footers :shock: (just imagine the duration the chiller has to run esp if they set thier cut off temperature to 25-26)

• SRC Member

Still dun get you. I simply cant connect what has switching off resulting in fish feeling hot when sleeping. Does that mean only when fish sleep then they feel hot or wat?

The chiller should not be switch off as you want to maintain a constant temperature in your tank, too drastic change or fluctuations in temperature is no good to your livestock.

:lol::lol::lol:

you all damm farnie.... i am sure that he is just kidding when he says that the fishes fee l hot.. they are cold blooded mammals... and whether they sleep or not has not bearing on the temp.. unless too high and then sleep forever...

the chiller should be left on 24hr... just let it cut in and out accordingly to the temperature set lor... :P

• SRC Member

Ya and there are people whom claim 1/4 can support to 4 & 5footers :shock: (just imagine the duration the chiller has to run esp if they set thier cut off temperature to 25-26)

it just depends on the brand of the chiller and its components... the artica one, at 1/3hp can support a 4-5ft tank... this is accordingly to the web site la....

:lol::lol::lol:

you all damm farnie.... i am sure that he is just kidding when he says that the fishes fee l hot.. they are cold blooded mammals... and whether they sleep or not has not bearing on the temp.. unless too high and then sleep forever...

the chiller should be left on 24hr... just let it cut in and out accordingly to the temperature set lor... :P

He doesnt seem to be joking to me. My intention is only to make sure the info passed is not a mislead one.

No offense please.

• SRC Member

He doesnt seem to be joking to me. My intention is only to make sure the info passed is not a mislead one.

No offense please.

:lol::lol::lol::yeah::yeah::yeah::lol::lol::lol:

trust me when i tell you that he is just kidding... and if you believe that fish feels hot.. you r the first.... cheers... maybe a drink too many liao lor....

:lol::lol::lol::yeah::yeah::yeah::lol::lol::lol:

trust me when i tell you that he is just kidding... and if you believe that fish feels hot.. you r the first.... cheers... maybe a drink too many liao lor....

Neh. I read upz n downz all the posts 5 times liao and still dont get which part indicate there is a joke. You cannot be trusted :P

Anyway, no intention to turn this into a flame war and I have nothing against Ben also.

Going to sleep liao. G'd Nite.

• SRC Member

hey guys! if u cant take the joke, fine. just forget bout everyting. dont make a mess here just due to some little things. sorry but I hate ppl trying to make a big fuss over small little things.

sorry benz, u have to explain for me. thx bro.

hey guys! if u cant take the joke, fine. just forget bout everyting. dont make a mess here just due to some little things. sorry but I hate ppl trying to make a big fuss over small little things.

sorry benz, u have to explain for me. thx bro.

I hate to use this word on you.

LAME

• SRC Member

I hate to use this word on you.

LAME

bro squid...

and you just said you have no intention of a flame war.... calling ppl lame.. tisk tisk tisk.... you cant even understand what bro ben was trying to get at and when we explain it to you, you kick a fuss over it.... man... you r one farnie person...

The humor or joke if you were to have it that bro ben was typing is otherwise know as black humor where the pun in the sentence.... So take it easy and relax man.... (or gal...) :lol:

bro squid...

and you just said you have no intention of a flame war.... calling ppl lame.. tisk tisk tisk.... you cant even understand what bro ben was trying to get at and when we explain it to you, you kick a fuss over it.... man... you r one farnie person...

The humor or joke if you were to have it that bro ben was typing is otherwise know as black humor where the pun in the sentence.... So take it easy and relax man.... (or gal...) :lol:

Please OPEN your EYES BIG BIG first and see who started it.

• SRC Member

i did... and he did sort of mention that it was a joke... no need to call ppl lame and dumb... Relax.. its a monday morning... you have a long week ahead... :D

FYI.. i had a teco 680 and left it running 24hr... it only cut in and out when the temp in the tank goes beyond the set temp...

• SRC Member

bro benz, dont need to explain anymore. this kiddo is calling himself. we need not entertain kiddos, :)

If someone wants to kiss his own ######, u cant stop him. let he kiss his own ###### until his mouth swollen and full of his own shit

• src unlocked this topic