Hon Kit's Reef Tank

honkit

• SRC Member
Thanks :) and you are very welcome to view my tank in person.

I haven't measured my calcium levels in months - the last test done came out at 400 ppm. As long as growth is shown, I take it that calcium levels are adequate but don't follow my lazy ways as this is not good reefing practice :P

Oic. Ok bro. Will pm u when i am free to go over ya place to check out ya gems! Better have my sun glasses on ;)

• 1 month later...

Wow drooling :bow: :bow:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Took a current full tank shot with my iphone 5 camera, please excuse the slightly poor quality of this photo.

FTS-oct-2012.jpg

Still looks fabulous whichever camera phone u used, bro.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Sell me a frag of the zoas. Nice tank shot. If can add a bright pink birdnest in the middle would be even nicer.

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Sell me a frag of the zoas. Nice tank shot. If can add a bright pink birdnest in the middle would be even nicer.

The zoas are fire and ice if you are interested. I have a red bird's nest coral and a pink one at the top rear of the tank.

• SRC Member

Fire & Ice zoas, interesting & interested :) Where to collect bro? James 91822409

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Bro honkit, how's ya kit kat doing?

See if you can spot it (little red stag) next to the yellow prostrata :)

The colour has deepened and the tips have grown longer but is getting overshadowed by its prostrata neighbour. Fragging the prostrata needs to happen (again).

A small update on what I have been dosing.

Still the same => Ultralith basic 4 package, KZ zeovit Potassium-Iodide Fluoride

Added 2 months ago => Ultra Amin (amino acids for SPS corals), Salifert amino acids, KZ Zeovit Pohl's Xtra

I finished my Fauna Marin Powertrace 1-4 two months ago and am now waiting for their new Reef Elements 1-3 bottles to arrive in Singapore. Will try those out.

• SRC Member

See if you can spot it (little red stag) next to the yellow prostrata :)

The colour has deepened and the tips have grown longer but is getting overshadowed by its prostrata neighbour. Fragging the prostrata needs to happen (again).

Looks good! I am trying out on the kit kat so hoping to get some tips from u hehe

Currently on fray tray with high lights n high flow area.

• SRC Member

A small update on what I have been dosing.

Still the same => Ultralith basic 4 package, KZ zeovit Potassium-Iodide Fluoride

Added 2 months ago => Ultra Amin (amino acids for SPS corals), Salifert amino acids, KZ Zeovit Pohl's Xtra

I finished my Fauna Marin Powertrace 1-4 two months ago and am now waiting for their new Reef Elements 1-3 bottles to arrive in Singapore. Will try those out.

Bro, where u get your zeovit stuffs? Order overseas?

Kitkat acros love high light and especially high flow. They are aggressive acros so no worries about other SPS corals encroaching on them.

My zeovit bottles were from reef depot which were bought before they stopped bringing them in. You can order from online vendors like sewatec.com or buy them from one of the authorised LFS dealers in Hong Kong if you are there.

When I get the new Fauna Marin new Reef Elements 1-3, I will stop all zeovit additives and will switch exclusively to FM products.

• SRC Member

Kitkat acros love high light and especially high flow. They are aggressive acros so no worries about other SPS corals encroaching on them.

My zeovit bottles were from reef depot which were bought before they stopped bringing them in. You can order from online vendors like sewatec.com or buy them from one of the authorised LFS dealers in Hong Kong if you are there.

When I get the new Fauna Marin new Reef Elements 1-3, I will stop all zeovit additives and will switch exclusively to FM products.

Thanks for the info bro!

Will try to do some research on FM products since it can be purchase easily from Iwarna.

My recent "experiment" which started a few months ago has been the acquisition of a few browned-out sps colonies from some LFSes and to try and see if I can restore them to their original colourful selves.

Due to premium space on the rock work being taken up by colourful sps corals, the brownies are relegated to the sand bed :P

I have managed to restore an acropora lokani almost back to its full glory (bright blue tips) but the rest have been kind of slow.

The list of brownie experiment specimens are a.lokani, a tongan unknown roundish acro, a.sarmentosa and an a.humilis.

Will post some pics.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info bro!

Will try to do some research on FM products since it can be purchase easily from Iwarna.

They have some very good products for SPS corals based on my experience in using them since March 2012.

• 3 weeks later...

My recent "experiment" which started a few months ago has been the acquisition of a few browned-out sps colonies from some LFSes and to try and see if I can restore them to their original colourful selves.

Due to premium space on the rock work being taken up by colourful sps corals, the brownies are relegated to the sand bed :P

I have managed to restore an acropora lokani almost back to its full glory (bright blue tips) but the rest have been kind of slow.

The list of brownie experiment specimens are a.lokani, a tongan unknown roundish acro, a.sarmentosa and an a.humilis.

Will post some pics.

Hon Kit any update on those brown sps.

Progress has not been as good as I wanted to with the brown sps colonies. I guess being on the sandbed is not an ideal location for them.

I will post some tank photos over the next couple of weeks.

Shall wait here and see the updated. So can get tips from you.