Looking for Good and cheap Protein SKimmer

ryz

• SRC Member

I'm gonna use it in my sump for 3 ft tank. Anyone selling any weipro skimmer etc? Make me and offer pls. I want efficient, good and relatively cheap ones (not few hundred dollars that kind). Pls sell me someone... Thanks a lot.

It would be good if you could post a pic of it too... New to using the "pro" protein skimmers.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

Want to try your luck with a S$20 skimmer (excluding pump)- Queens Brand thats available at many LFS. Been using one and I am happy with it -real dry foam and very dark solution collected.... will try to post the pic if possible tonight... :). My tank is a 2.5 x 2 x 2.

• SRC Member

I have a spare sander protien skimmer (for a sample, please proceed to similar to the one in Ocean Plan**t) after I upgrade my skimmer to shuran. If you are interested, pm me and we can disuss the price. I will give you an external pump for it.

post-10-1073989340.jpg

• SRC Member

Eh Bro Oceanreef, $35 come with pump? haha sorry new to "pro" skimmers. how old? Can cheaper? I poor. :/ on budget. Only secondary 4. Need to pay off with allowance. haha. Every cent saved is another cent earned(did I get that right?) haha

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

hmmm... what would be a reasonable offer? I dun know the price of all these skimmers. I dun wanna make an unreasonable offer and get screwed by you all haha.. Can tell me original price? then I have a better idea...

(dun con me :unsure: hahahha jkjk)

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

oh and does it come with the pump? for $35. Is it a good skimmer that you would reccomend for a 3 ft in sump?? If it doesn't come with powerhead, how much flowrate is optimum to use that??(so that I know what PH to buy)

Bro jsoon can tell me original price? and quote a price for me. Thanks.

I appreciate all your replies thanks!!

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
Want to try your luck with a S$20 skimmer (excluding pump)- Queens Brand thats available at many LFS. Been using one and I am happy with it -real dry foam and very dark solution collected.... will try to post the pic if possible tonight... :). My tank is a 2.5 x 2 x 2.

Pic as attached for your reference.... :)

post-10-1073996325.jpg

• SRC Member

useless skimmer. will skim lah but not very good. have to clear like everyday. Used for a while for my 2 ft also. but I junked it. get a better skimemr so dun have to go thru my process. But if you think can then can loh. personal preference, and also depends on your tank's bioload. Can work lah I used it for months also. My tank heavy bioload mah, so changed. Now I need a powerhead driven(what are they called?? venturi?? prizm??) in-sump skimmer for my 3 ft tank.

Live and Let Live

hmmm... interesting...., I can get that at any LFS? hey Ocean reef. can sell me at 28?? know a bit low but I poor. :(

Not again~~~~ :pinch::pinch::pinch:

I thought school vacation is already over?

You have the intention to get the following :

1)http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10297&st=0&#entry123494

Yea I also thinking of

getting either Deionizer or Reverse Osmosis System. Where to get?? About how much?? RO vs DI systems, pros, cons?? What is the water ouput rate? Need to wait like 1 night to get abt 100L ah??

hmm... I've been using that for my 3 ft aggressive, 3 ft reef and 2 ft nanoreef for like forever... dunnow but seems to be ok. RO or DI can get where? how much? can answer my qns in previous post??? thanks!!

2) http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...=0entry123497

can reply like asap?? If not I think I may go get LR like tomorrow or this weekend liao. Pls reply asap on liverock and take pic of them pls.

Item 1 is a RO device which can easily set you up to a couple of hundreds dollars while item 2 is being price at 40-50kg @$5 (total either $200 or $250) and YET you claim you are poor and try to bargain over the skimmer.OMG!!!! :shock::bow::bow::bow:

Seamonkee - looks like your Cheapo Detection software has failed. Had to released updated patches or service packs liao. :evil::evil::evil:

• SRC Member

wtf. I'm already spending so much on other stuff. thats why I'm broke. get the logic? I am already survivng on my savings. I only get 250 a month. I just bought 3 ft overflow tank with sump and cabinet, 150W MH, aquarium essentials, some Livestock etc. In the midst of setting up tank. I'm broke!! Lucky I got my bankbook back from my mom. otherwise I'd be starving. Hoping my parents would sponsor a bit for these costs but I paiseh to ask.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

wah flamer u only aim ppl trying to save money.... I know you rich lah. still there's no need to put ppl down because they're looking for a bargain. I do not understand the aim of your post, for kicks?? wtf ppl trying to make a deal with pthers and you do this... sigh~ I dun know man....

I'm cheapo loh.... :/

Live and Let Live