Getting a Nano tank for my daughter

mkbt

• SRC Member

U cAn check with aquarium artist,Vincent.one of the sponsor for SRC.Basically,his service include delivery and installation for nano tank. He can advise u on the quotation,lighting and type of skimmer and pump to be used as well.

-Main Display Tank : 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft c/w sump tank cabinet (Set up by aquarium artist)

-Lightings : 4 sets of 1.5ft mini aqua lumen LED lights (7 high power led 15W)

-Chiller: 1/4HP artica chiller with a standby of HC-100A

-Skimmer : Bubble Magnus 3 (cone)

-Phosphate Reactor

-NP Bio-pellet D&D onceanic hang-on reactor

-Wavemaker : MP10

-Temperature mointor : American Wireless pinpoint thermometer

• SRC Member

Can try aquamarin also...:) any size that ur looking at for ur nano? Personal opinion is best to get skimmer if can fit into tank...:)

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

• SRC Member

hey do you need to change the tank water completely if the water is smelly ? or do you change half ?

Ur water wil only have certain smell (dead matters from live rocks,etc) during cycling stage only.under normal circumstances,the water will not have any smell.

-Main Display Tank : 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft c/w sump tank cabinet (Set up by aquarium artist)

-Lightings : 4 sets of 1.5ft mini aqua lumen LED lights (7 high power led 15W)

-Chiller: 1/4HP artica chiller with a standby of HC-100A

-Skimmer : Bubble Magnus 3 (cone)

-Phosphate Reactor

-NP Bio-pellet D&D onceanic hang-on reactor

-Wavemaker : MP10

-Temperature mointor : American Wireless pinpoint thermometer

• SRC Member

Hi,

My daughter wanted a Nano tank. Any recommendations? Do I need skimmer? Where to buy? How much? etc.

Tks in advance!

Echoing the message from SPCA - Pets are for life.

Please consider the after purchase husbandry work before taking the plunge. Fresh water fish-only tanks are less demanding than marine ones.

For more information on marine tank husbandry, read up on our forum's sections on setting up of marine tanks.

After careful considerations if you still want to proceed, please do feel free to ask questions in this forum. But please do a search first as your question might have already been asnwered previously. Thanks and Happy New Year.

• Like 2

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Like... +1.

Thanks, mate. Happy new year!

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Please consider the after purchase husbandry work before taking the plunge. Fresh water fish-only tanks are less demanding than marine ones.

For more information on marine tank husbandry, read up on our forum's sections on setting up of marine tanks.

After careful considerations if you still want to proceed, please do feel free to ask questions in this forum. But please do a search first as your question might have already been asnwered previously. Thanks and Happy New Year.

Hi,

Thanks for the reminder. I am aware. I have been keeping fresh water fishes for more than 30 years already. My only wish is that my fishes are healthy and alive. Every time when there is any fish dead, my face will turn black. My kids know that. Even though I am buying for my daughter, I am the one actually maintaining the tank and live stocks.

:groupwavereversed:

I like it too...+2

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

U can try aqua empire. Iq3 or iq5 dymax. It's really nano. Has skimmer. Led and etc.

Yes, I am considering getting 2 x IQ5. Will search for it this weekend. I would like to get used IQ5 too but I can't post in sales site yet. May I know what's the price for 1 brand new IQ5?

Tks!