My humble 2 feet tank

RAV-65

Hi all,

this is my humble 2 feet tank after 2 months, would appreciate any forms of comments, suggestions or criticism... if there's anything I've done wrongly in my tank, please let me know... Thanxs!

Vincent Ho :nc:

post-34-1074019768.jpg

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sea bunny i mentioned in another thread....

That's not a sea bunny. It's a nudibranch. Exactly the same one I shot underwater at Trang.

Here's my photo... post-12-1070747092.jpg

It's in this thread about my Trang dive photos.

IMO, you should not buy something you know nothing about. You will save yourself a lot of grief and money with this advice.

AT,

in the other thread, I saw something very similar but in balck and white and the website said it was some sea bunny, I tot its another species....

tink i got my research all wrong!!! :( any idea wat these nudibranch eats? i was about to buy a blue sponge for it to eat, coz i tot it was a sea bunny....

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

That's the thing about nudibranchs... not enough research done on identifying what they really eat. And there are so many species of nudibranchs!

Their diet ranges from corals to sponges to algae... :(

They also have very short lifespans. Beautiful creatures. But better left in the wild.

Well,

gotta admit when i started, didn't know there was so much about marine fish keeping, got the 2 feet tank after a friend wanted to discard it, gave me LR and Live sand with all the filter media... tot was okay to start and i started stocking LS...

After much reading in this thread, i realise i was wrong, end up giving away some fishes to a friend to reduce the LS, taking out some fishes to put in another smaller 1 feet tank....

i den out in more LR, used Nutrafin cycle to induce more baterial growth.... put in a polyfilter, a weipro 2012, abit of bio balls, got test kits for no2, no3, calcium, nh3, ph, marine buffer, reef trace, strontium, seachem reef builder, activated carbon, mh 1x150W 20kk, fed my fish with garlic soaked food... change water once a week, i also monitered my salinity level regularly....

Is that wat ur question is refering to? hope i haven't left out anything....

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

setup description? as in my filter system? I got an internal overflow system... where there is 1st a sponge to filter out the bigger debris, den the polyfilter, den bioballs and ceramic rings and coral chips.... the water den runs into the 2nd compartment where i have activated carbon in a bag and dat's where i skim the water with a weipro 2012, the water is den allow to flow back into the tank... not exactly perfect, but i'm restricted, currently still researching before i embark on my 3 feet tank... :)

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Sigh... I think one of the lessons that most reefers will tell you is that to take all advice from LFS with a bucket of salt. Its best for the hobbyist to research from updated marine books or the internet.

Puffers are carnivorous. They eat corals, sponges, small fishes, sea urchins and other echinoderms like starfish, sea cukes as well as other small crustaceans like crabs, shrimps and snails.

Hmm... sad to say that it seems that some of these LFS people not too honest and profesional the way they run their business... well, next time go buy fish must bring all the books and my laptop liao... kekekeke... :D:D:D

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

BTW, your anemone looks bleached.

Try feeding it with meaty foods before it dies from starvation as its zooxanthellea is no longer there providing it energy from photosynthesis.

Try selecting an anemone with more brown or green 'colour' in its body tissue. Although whitish or pale anemones may look beautiful.... they are often doomed.