Ich on blue tang!

moscowites

Hi... Sadly i dun have extra space for a qt tank... So thats out of the question. I have ditched the kickich idea as i had a bad experience with medications... Ok, i have chance upon and forum someone was using ginger to treat ich and with promising results. So yesterday i started soaking nori in freshly grated ginger juice and my pbt gooble it up instantly... I figure ginger is way better than any chemicals since is natural and has many therapuetic effects. I dun have to tear down my tank to get the tang, dose dangerous chemicals, subject fish to hyposalinity stress... And its cheap :0)...Sounds logical to me. I observed the tank for awhile and have not seen any stress on any ls, be it coral, fish, and inverts. So im gonna go hm later and check hows the progress on my pbt. As of yesterday, he is swimming ard, eating tons of green, brown, red seaweeds, not very interested in pellets or frozens though... Btw, he is about 10% covered in ich white spots for 5 days. Will post the results if anybody interested....

You can try freshly peeled garlic too. It will work very well and also add some vitamins too.

Hi yeo, i have been using garlic guard from seachem since i set up this tank, still my pbt developed ich a week after it arrives... Maybe fresh garlic is better?? Anyway, i stopped saoking garlic last night instead i soak ginger juice. Just to see if ginger works or not, going to continues soaking ginger for a week and see if situation improves.. Some reefer reported 100% erradication of ich on day 2 and ich never came back! Im abit sceptical about that but will try anyway...

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

• 2 months later...