Dream Tank

BELL

The drop in water level is huge. even if i top up water the pump sucks it in very quickly and water level remain low. However it was ok for the past one week until yesterday the water level dropped. i tried to reduce the pump power but it ended up not strong enough to pump water out ( as it has to go down 1.8m to the chiller and come up)... What am i suppose to do now.. micro bubbles coming out of pump non stop.. Pls help!

• SRC Member

The extra water that you topped up has to be somewhere in the closed loop.

Is there a leak anywhere? Check this first. Once ascertained no leak see below.

Maybe the chiller has not been "primed" properly. So there are pockets of space in the chiller yet to be filled with water.

I'll continue to topup water slowly until I see an increase in the water level in the pump compartment.

See if the above works.

• SRC Member

is the water going into the inlet without resistance? the only other explanation would be exactly what kaykay said. how much are you exactly topping?

happened to me once. half of my 1ft tank water suddenly disappeared. finally traced to improper priming. shook the canisters for some time and ended up 3/4 of my tank water gone before canisters were fully primed.

if there's no leak, topping up of water doesn't really hurt, of course, salinity must match.

ive tried to top up to the level where it was initially but i can never do it because whenever i pour in water to the pump compartment the water just get sucked in. u get me? i pour in, the pump sucks the water in, no matter how much i pour the water lvl remains low..

• SRC Member

The excess water that you poured in has to go somewhere. If display tank water level remains same, then check other compartments in your ios.

If ll constant, then it can only be the chiller. Could there be a reservoir in this chiller?

Worst case scenario is a leak, but I doubt it. If leaking, the water will be always dropping, not remain low.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Bought my Fiji rocks last saturday, it was my first time at Coral farm.

in my opinion, Its really far, like the other end of Singapore but it was definitely worth the trip for the Rocks! And Thanks to a kind young man who fetch me out!

Honestly I am amazed by the effect of the fjij rocks. It gives the tank a very different feel as compared to normal live rocks. More porous and shape is nice and special.

I didnt had back ache, cus it took me only a minute to put this 2 piece of rocks together.

I Love this rockscape, its a simple design and it'd be easy to place my corals.

Yea so here's my rock scape, tell me if you like it too!

White and Blue light on:

post-21521-0-38662500-1343312807.png

post-21521-0-85886100-1343313311.png

White light only:

post-21521-0-83681400-1343313193.png

post-21521-0-74765700-1343313389.png

Blue only:

post-21521-0-95806900-1343313212.png

post-21521-0-14867600-1343313245.png

Full Tank shot

post-21521-0-79172800-1343313446.png

Reflection of the tank, rockscape looks like a slide! HAHA

post-21521-0-75734800-1343313475.png

Apparently, its the 2nd week of cycling. Ammonia is 0 right now.

Thats all, till i update again!

Tank has small white "ants" crawling all over the wall with diatoms blooming on the tank wall! what should i do? those white 'ants' looks disgusting! Are they good or bad? No pictures as it is too small to be captured on camera.