Feeding your SPS zooplankton

• SRC Supporter
I think a reason why I feel its good to feed your SPS corals zooplankton is because they are sensitive corals and a lot of their energy is used up for growth and should something happen to the coral affecting its health due to fighting off STN/RTN or to regenerate quickly to recover from physical damage... any help in supplementing their energy levels would be critical in living or dying.

Light & calcium alone may be enough to sustain SPS, but we should be looking for an edge over sustainability! ;)

Of course, feeding SPS will also push your system to the edge if you have borderline equipment or a weak filtration system. Do invest in an oversized skimmer... I don't think there is such things as overskimming when it comes to SPS!

:)

AT

If feedin GPs to SPS does help that much,

I'll be willing to give it a attempt.... ;)

Placed order for 5-50 and 50-100 microns GPs, think should be able to cater to a variety of SPS polyps.....

One major concern would be whether my filtration might be able to handle the nutrient overloads.... :( esp since GPs are purely protein stuff and such....

Besides skimming, do you do anything else to handle the heavier nutrient load ???

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, here's the information I found about the importance of feeding your SPS corals zooplankton/zooplankton substitutes!

This could also explain the phenomenal growth of my corals! ;)