My yellow dwarf angel with shattered fins.

Hi. Juz back from home and found tat my yellow dwarf angel juz died only... It had some redden or puncturing hole on its body and seems like some parasites is devouring my angel.. Its very disheartened nw le.. Had anyone enountered this kind of situation before? If so, k tell me wat is happening??Thanks.. :(

• SRC Member

funny but I got a feeling you got big crabs..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
Is it?? I dun see any crabs inside my tank le... My tank is 2 feet and is a FOWLR tank only. My fishes are 1 maroon clown, 1 false percular clown, 1 4-striped damsel, 1 fire goby, 1 boxing shrimp, 1 snail. Is there any problem with my fishes?? :(

crabs rarely come out.. they are more active at night... You mentioning about broken fin and punctures really says something..

or maybe your clown is a bully? but how can you explain the puncturing of the body? Unless after the fish died, the shrimp went over there to feast? Was there any sorta symptoms on its body before it died?

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member
Hi arcanehacker,

Thanks for ur reply, i noticed that my yellow angel had some reddish swollen patch and torn fins and difficulties in swimming. U mean that actually the "crab" will attack my fish? If there is, is it really harmful in my tank?? Millon thanks!! :bow::thanks:

heard many forumers here lost their fishes to crabs.. usually smaller ones and gobies... you gotta check for them at night with a really dim light..

but since you said swollen reddish patch, it might not be crabs.. not really sure... gotta think of all the possibilities.. but if its bacterial or parasites, wouldn't it affect the whole tank? just like ich..