TECO Chiller TR20 Overflowing

twiddledoo

Hello, its my first time using a chiller and i am having problems controlling it..

I am using a Eheim 1046 pump to feed my chiller and when i open max to both in and out valves from the chiller, water was dripping all over the place.

Water keeps dripping out from the valve from both inlet and outlet. please help me!!

Thanks

• SRC Member

u have to use those pipe fasterners... those use to tighten hoses... hose clamp

Teh'sTankSetup Decomm on 18/8/2012

Tank: 2x1x1 Rimless Tank (Sumpless)

Lighting: Aquazonic 2x24watts T5 (Actinic x Sun White)

Moonlight: Acardia 1W Led Light (Blue)

Filter: ISTA Max Care Cannister

Skimmer: Bubble Magus E3

Chiller: Resun CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Wave: Boyu WM-25

Commissioned 20/9/2012

Tank: 3x2x2.5

Lighting: 250w DeLighting MH/ 2x 39w Delighting Diy T5 ATI Blue Plus

Skimmer: H&S Skimmer Type 110-F2000

Chiller: CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Reactor: D&D H2Ocean FMR 75 (ADA 1500 Pump)(Rowaphos)

Wavemaker: 2x SunSun Wavemaker (3000L)

Incoming:

Conch ll Basic

ATO System/Tunze Osmolator

Magic Marine 3CH Dosing Pump

• SRC Member

Hi bro, see the following valve fitting guide from https://www.tecous.com/files/TECO_Seachill-All-Models-2008WEB.pdf

post-3628-13436898309098_thumb.jpg

post-3628-13436898431866_thumb.jpg

Points to note too.

1. Your TR20 (1/3 hp) chiller requires a much higher flow than the Eheim 1046 can supply, or else it cannot chill properly.

Recommended flow rate should be more than 1,000lph, ideally around 2,000.

2. If the 1046 pimp is to be used, I suspect the hose fittings for the pump and the chiller do not match. you can get step up valves.

I also used hot water to soften the rubber hoses before fitting into the hard pipe fittings. This makes fitting them easier, and ensure that I get the hard pipes deep enough into the rubber hoses to ensure tight fit. Then I use a cable tie to tighten it while it's still warm to firmly grip the hose onto the pipe.

Bro I am using teco also... You should seriously check if the oring and gaskets are present pointed out by Kaykay. If both are present, most probably your valves are faulty and needs to be replaced.

• SRC Member

teco chillers works great but this is one flaw i have noticed as well -- the main connections is too sensitive and easily leaks due to external forces. I resolved mine by changing adding a female hose connector and totally discarding the shut off valves. i will post a picture tomorrow.

modification I made that kept me worry-free of any leakages....

tecom.jpg

Is your rear chiller very close to the wall? Need extra space for the hot air.

Also, can you dismantle the pipings if you want to dismantle your chiller to do chemical wash on the fins?

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

twiddledoo, I used standard AW pipes (20mm) and hose connectors, you can purchase these from Hai Cheong Plastics or any plumbing supply hardware I suppose.

rockyboy, chiller is about 5 inches away from wall and is ventilated enough in an air conditioned room.

alanchin, not opening both valves at max means you are adding more pressure as water is pushing harder to pass through the valves, aside from which it will take more time for your tank to cool down thus chiller runs longer.