Kalkwasser Reactor

Kenji80

i also intend to get one...

anyone can show ur reactor picture here and discuss ~~~

thanks

This what my Kalk Reactor looks like... ...

post-17-1075090474.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi Deep Blue,

I am a new member in this forum.

I have a 100gal reef, currently using Kalkwasser drip.

How much does the kalk reactor cost and what kind of maintenance does it requires vs a calcium reactor?

I suppose a kalk reator is better than a calcium reactor?

• SRC Member

Nope- you dump the kalk in and mix up with water. The small little pump you see near the base churns up th emixture once in a while. The clear solution once settled is extracted from the top into the sump/ display tank. Fresh water is then fed in- no CO2 tank is used.

looks good. cookie- still available?

riot's right..low maintanance. just add water and kalk when kalk level generated by the pump is low.

NO CO2 needed.

for pricing , look for cookiemunster.

helps to maintain Ca and KH level, with tubby, also keep your main tank from drying up due to high evaporation rate.

In fact I added a fan to increase evaporation rate so the consistent flow of pure kalk water can be channelled into my tank :lol:

• SRC Member

deepblue, yr Kalk reactor's SICCE pump still going strong ? mine broke down. according to Alvy, the impeller of the SICCE pump may have problem when it is on/off too often.

to the rest, when sourcing for a Kalk Reactor, bcs the pump will be on/off in interval of 1-2 hrs, it is impt to ensure top reliability. mine change to ehiem 1048 liao ;)

deepblue, yr Kalk reactor's SICCE pump still going strong ? mine broke down. according to Alvy, the impeller of the SICCE pump may have problem when it is on/off too often.

to the rest, when sourcing for a Kalk Reactor, bcs the pump will be on/off in interval of 1-2 hrs, it is impt to ensure top reliability. mine change to ehiem 1048 liao ;)

Mine also up the lorry liao. Now waiting to change to ehiem pump too.

How's the new pump running? Great?

After changing the pump, I will just let it run for say 30mins a day. I guess not really necessarry to run that often.

Regarding th epump, I talked the cookiemunster once. Can switch to maxijet, low heat, low wattage consumption and can on/off like a wave maker...not bad :lol: