WTB grade 0 sand?

maKo

• SRC Member

ermmm... beware metal bits from.... P*****T!!!! get from ML much safer! but more expensive.. :snore:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

$10 for 10kg if im not wrong...

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

I called P*****T, they won't be opened till 31 Jan!

Metal bits? How did you remove them? They selling aquarium or industrial grade sand...

Thanks for offering, Tanggy. But i think I'll be needing a lot more bags for my 4 ft tank 3 ft sump dsb setup, so i better get my own.

• SRC Member

ya ran thru the sand with a magnet while the sand was already in my tank actually... collected nothing... but i didn't run thru throughly lah... just the surface and abt 2-3'' deep... but of course results may vary so if u buy the sand from ML and find metal bits in there, don't come and find me :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

I got my C0 sand from Clementi F**r*st. Ran magnet through 10 bags and no metal found. (Caveat : that does not necessarily meant no metal escape detection). Returned 4 bags to them on CNY eve due to overbought. Should still be there and they open from tomorrow (Monday).

• SRC Member

Hi... bought my sand from that farm opposite Farmart. $5 per 5 kg pack - supposedly treated. The guy also told me about the metal bits in the $6 per 10 kg pack. According to this guy, those white coloured sacks you see with handles are generally "cleaner" (and more exp), as opposed to yellowish sacks without handles. Hope this helps whoever that intends to buy sand.

Next I'll have to convince myself that $4 per kg is not too much to pay to save me the trouble of running a magnet through a 5" DSB..

ML things r always ex....... so to speak......... juz get ur sand from petmart. run a powerful magnet over it to get ride of the metal bits. dun forget to wash the sand thoroughly to. spend ur monies wisely....... trust me.... u will spend alot in the near future.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png