Maxspect R420R LED Lighting 160w 16K

klim

• SRC Member
Chris really can modify arh. Your tank and mine same same. Good if can, coverage at side will be better.

I do not know if this will void the warranty. As you can see, the design of the 2 fans are placed in between the 3 segment of LEDs, maybe for a reason to cool down the LEDs, or the right spot for heat dissipation of the metal frame. To me it seems like the whole metal frame is a heat sink, whereby the placement of the fan is less concerned.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member
i am asking factory about this feedback......:) or maybe i should try to do my own operation if this can be done...hahaha will get back to u if we are able to shift the LED pads

That will be great, at least we seek your consensus before modifying it.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• 2 weeks later...

u can do that as well.....surely have some gap...... the lens are fix. Not changeable

What about the LEDs? Btw, I'm the guy that bought the ati ballast and fan from you. Thinking of changing it to led. Do u have the 160w 8000k set for freshwater planted tank? Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Just tested the 160w 16k on my 4x2x2.5. The brightness is superb for Lps. However the left/right iside of tank isn't brighten up due to the 3 segment of led placing very close together. Just wondering if I can modify to spread out the LEDs to cover more area.

Initial

bar led fan led fan led bar

Modify to

Led bar fan led fan bar led

For those who has the set will understand what I mean by shifting the left led closer to the left, and right led closer to the right to spread out.

Hi Chrislwp, your tank height is 2.5'..? if yes, how is the penetration to the bottom of the tank..?

2.5' should be no problem. Also depend how high the LEDs are from the water surface.

Bro, do you own 1..? Might be using the original stand. But prefer to hang it on the Mazarra rail frame. Not sure can support the weight for 2 120W or not. :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

I thnk it depends on your coral placement and height from your water level. Can slowly acclimatize them rather than setting all 100%... Some other forums also has reefers recommending not to set till 100%

• SRC Member

R420 16K has been on my first mixed Tank(3 X 1.5 X 2), got some fishes, LPS with SPS Frags,

Algae and cyno bloomed when I used the presets.

Been setting it down to no more than 80% for a week now.

Algae and cyno clearing up, did a big time clean up.

Some of the SPS Frag bleached out, while a few SPS with brown algae on tips.

Also clearing up, been cleaning it with a soft tooth brush.

I just got another Razor 420 10k for my 4 ft X 1.5 X 2.

This is more of a FOWLER Tank with soft corals, trying to be careful not to have another Algae Bloom.

Appreciate your advise on ideal settings for both Tanks.