How to?

well, if you are setting up a nano reef, i used this website to start, http://www.aquabuys....rium.html#setup

also go library look for a book called mini-reefing or something like that.

if you setting up something bigger, well, erm, i only do nano tanks. so maybe some other people on the forum can direct you. but a good place to start is the library.

Patience is key as well, sometimes reading up and looking at pictures of reef tanks makes a week feel like a month and you think its time to start stocking your reef, but most of the time its not, i keep a reef journal to keep myself in check.

Hi I'm new here and I am planning on starting up my own reef but I don't really know what I must get and what I must do....So yah I need some guidance so that I don't mess up and ya kill fishes lol

Hi Terence

The basic equipment that you may need to get are as follow:

1) Protein Skimmer

2) Fluidise Reactor (For phosphate media - Ideally Rowaphos)

3) Return pump

4) Chiller (To maintain water temperature - Essential for reef aquarium)

5) T5 lightset

6) Wave maker (Optional - may get vortech or tunze)

Other than the hardware, you will also need to do some research to understand the various parameters (e.g. pH, NO3, kH, Cal, Mag and phos) and understand the relationship between the parameters. Patience is the key to the success. After setting up the tank, let your tank cycle for at least 2 weeks to a month before stocking up slowly.

Best regards

Hi bro, there is some pinned up thread in this forum which is very useful for new starter. Welcome n happy reefing. Cheers.

My tank setting:
Size : 48" x 24" x 24"
Return pump: 1 x Vectra S2, 1 x Eheim 1264
Skimmer: Skimz DC skimmer SV203
Lighting : Maxspect Razor R420R 160W
Chiller : 1hp drop coil compressor
Wave maker : 2 x Nero 5 , 1 x Tunze 6055

Top up : Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

• SRC Member

Draw a budget and match against your wish. Ideal vs comparable hardwatch. Invest in your equipment then you start to talk about lifestock.cheers and welcome bro !

Wecome to the darkside

• 1 month later...