Setting Up a Lion Tank (den)

• SRC Member

Hi all bros. Have moved all my lifestock to the new tank so now got 2x2ft tank and 1x3ft tank to spare liaoz...so thinking of converting the 3ft to predator tank since it's matured liaoz so no need to cycle liaoz. :yeah:

Angry, so for last time, jus when you were leaving, my tank maker called me reguarding some stuff bout the tank, so a bit preoccupied. paiseh. :(

• SRC Member

Here's what I had in mind, a 3ft tank with around 2inch sandbed. with around 20kg live rocks for scapping. Filtration will be provided by 2x2213 (suplus equipement) on either side to provide water flow also. Probably a hang-on 2012/13 for skimmer.

Planned live stock, lions & clown triggers. :lol:

Lighting 4x36watt PL lights 6500k

• SRC Member

Hi Nicky,

no problem bro, my pleasure:) Others helped me when i first got started so i intend to keep this good practise going by helping others to the best of my knowledge and join the better souls of the SRC haaahaaahaaa. PM me if u need a hand in setting up your lion tank or purchasing one. Sorry that i'm unable to post a pic now, but i definitely will when i'm back in town.

Good luck with the setup. :evil::evil::evil:

• SRC Member

Hey Tanggy,

no worries bro, u dun have to apologise lah. So hows the new setup? U make it in time for CNY? Let me know when its time for viewing yeah haaahaahaaa since we r staying not too far away.

As for the predator tank bro, i reckon u either keep the clown triggers or lions in a specimen tank and not mix them in one. True enough, a 3ft is a large tank but triggers are notorious fish and will start nibbing the lions finnage before eventually killing them, especially with clown triggers! I have to agree that they are very nice fish and i also intent to start my next predator tank with the clown triggers:)

Invest also in a good skimmer, lions poo is serious business and they are messy eaters. As for the lighting, u dun really need such strong ones if u intend not to keep corals. That will save up some power bill.

Thats as best as i can do bro.:) Hope this helps. PM me too if u need help sor the setup or purchase. I'm good on Sundays.

Have fun. :evil::evil::evil: