Polylab product

mengyang_neo

• SRC Member

Yup give it a try, easy to use and the effect is obvious.

Hi Bro Neo

My compliments on your beautiful sps tank. I have been following the discussion on the amazing outcome of using Polyplab 4-bottle formula. I like to try this method to reduce nitrate & phosphate. But I couldn't find anything on these products on reefdepot.com.sg. Is there another website belonging to Reef Depot that I am not aware of ? Could you kindly provide the link to the dosing instructions on the relevant website?

Thank you.

Hi Bro Neo

My compliments on your beautiful sps tank. I have been following the discussion on the amazing outcome of using Polyplab 4-bottle formula. I like to try this method to reduce nitrate & phosphate. But I couldn't find anything on these products on reefdepot.com.sg. Is there another website belonging to Reef Depot that I am not aware of ? Could you kindly provide the link to the dosing instructions on the relevant website?

Thank you.

Hi Bro,

I'm not Bro mengyang_neo,

but hopefully the below links may be useful for you. :thumbsup:

http://www.polyplab.com/index.php?p=2&c=1

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

I'm not Bro mengyang_neo,

but hopefully the below links may be useful for you. :thumbsup:

http://www.polyplab....dex.php?p=2&c=1

Hi Bro Linko

Thanks for the links. Haven't got down to reading them yet as I have just reached home. Will do so before trying out the new method. Will keep interested reefers informed of new developments in my tank conditions. Wish me luck.

• Like 1

Yup update us on the result. For those that has already started for a few mths, and find that the colour of the sps is getting paler, reduce dosage of fuel and increase the dosage of plus.

For those that worry inconsistent dosing, will it affect the coral, no issue at all, I have went got holiday twice with no dosing for 4 and 6 days. No negative respond from coral, just continue after u return will do.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bros, I have been on the system for a few months already. I recently noticed GHA bloom in my tank specially on the sand bed and zoas placed in the sand. I've been following the dosage religiously : reef and genesis during lights on and acids and plus +/- 1hour after lights off also skimmer off overnight and turns back on at 8:00am. 1 drop per 25g; 5 drops of reef, acids and plus and 2.5ml of genesis daily. My water parameters are: salinity - 1.026, ca- 420, alk - 8, mg 1400 (on a doser), temp bet. 26.6 to 27.2 celcius. Funny thing is before i started with the reefresh i didn't have this GHA issue. What could be causing this, could it be the genesis? Should i reduce it by half at the moment? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hi bros, I have been on the system for a few months already. I recently noticed GHA bloom in my tank specially on the sand bed and zoas placed in the sand. I've been following the dosage religiously : reef and genesis during lights on and acids and plus +/- 1hour after lights off also skimmer off overnight and turns back on at 8:00am. 1 drop per 25g; 5 drops of reef, acids and plus and 2.5ml of genesis daily. My water parameters are: salinity - 1.026, ca- 420, alk - 8, mg 1400 (on a doser), temp bet. 26.6 to 27.2 celcius. Funny thing is before i started with the reefresh i didn't have this GHA issue. What could be causing this, could it be the genesis? Should i reduce it by half at the moment? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Bro, I think your fuel dose too much liao, for me, 6 drop of genesis only 2.4ml of fuel, from my understanding fuel is the food for the genesis bacteria, too much food, too little bacteria to eat them and algae will appear.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)

bro mengyang_neo,

im sorry for the confusion on the last part of my post. what i meant is genesis is 5 drops and fuel is at 2.5ml. i wrongfully interchanged the two.

anyway, i have cut the dosage of the fuel by half starting today and will monitor if there would be any improvement within a week. also, how much of the plus have you added to daily dosing to counter the paleness of sps colors? is adding 1 more drop to make it 6 in total enough to regain more vibrant coloration?

thanks for the reply.

• 1 month later...

bro mengyang_neo,

im sorry for the confusion on the last part of my post. what i meant is genesis is 5 drops and fuel is at 2.5ml. i wrongfully interchanged the two.

anyway, i have cut the dosage of the fuel by half starting today and will monitor if there would be any improvement within a week. also, how much of the plus have you added to daily dosing to counter the paleness of sps colors? is adding 1 more drop to make it 6 in total enough to regain more vibrant coloration?

thanks for the reply.

Hi bro, sorry for the late reply, for plus i have add 8 drop and I also add reef roid. the coral food really help in colouring up the coral.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

Hi all, recently i checked with reefdepot and it will good to add rowa to go with reef resh as rowa will help to bring the PO4 down to a lower level which will be even better for SPS.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

thanks for your updates bro mengyang_neo. just to share, the lowest PO4 i have gone down to is 0.02ppm only but this is not conclusive as i think my rocks and sand are still leaking out nutrients.

with your current system without rowa, what is the lowest PO4 level you have achieved?

i have been contemplating on zeo additives i.e. B balance, pohl's extra and vitalizer. is there a huge improvement in colors when you used the polyplab reef roids?

thanks for your updates bro mengyang_neo. just to share, the lowest PO4 i have gone down to is 0.02ppm only but this is not conclusive as i think my rocks and sand are still leaking out nutrients.

with your current system without rowa, what is the lowest PO4 level you have achieved?

i have been contemplating on zeo additives i.e. B balance, pohl's extra and vitalizer. is there a huge improvement in colors when you used the polyplab reef roids?

Hmmm i never test so I am not very sure, but po4 should be low cause my sps growing. Yup after feeling reef roid the colour do improve.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

Just to share, bought RF Genesis (bacteria) and dose last sat. Notice skimmer start to skim much more. So much so that i have to wash and empty the cup every 3 days instead of the usual once a week. Am now tuning down the skimmer for more dry skimmate. Prior to that, i have been dosing special blend, mb7 once a week and prodibio Biodigest once very fortnightly for abt 2 mths and will continue to dose, hoping for more diversity? haha......

Water seems a tad clearer since is only the fourth day of dosing. But i do haf some green slime algae in the Display tank and red cyno covering some portion of the dsb. Have some corals in the tank and seems to open slightly bigger. I do not measure no3 and po4.

As tank is only in the 3rd mth running, will update again. Overall seems like a good product despite the price tag!

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

To share, I have been using the reef resh system for about 8 weeks now, and I unplugged rowaphos when I started. Prior to this, rowa can keep my PO4 at undetectable levels (Hanna checker), but I noticed that PO4 has crept up to 0.06ppm since then. Could be that my skimmer is not skimming as efficiently as I like, I don't know. Having said that, overall health of the corals seem to have improved since I started reef resh.

I reintroduced rowa last weekend and shockingly, my PO4 dropped back down to undetectable levels within a day. I don't like the sudden drop at all and now hoping that the drop is not going to cause any negative effects on my corals, especially the SPS corals.

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

wow! that is quite fast. hope your sps don't suffer. how about reducing the amount of rowa in your FR? maybe it'll help.

To share, I have been using the reef resh system for about 8 weeks now, and I unplugged rowaphos when I started. Prior to this, rowa can keep my PO4 at undetectable levels (Hanna checker), but I noticed that PO4 has crept up to 0.06ppm since then. Could be that my skimmer is not skimming as efficiently as I like, I don't know. Having said that, overall health of the corals seem to have improved since I started reef resh.

I reintroduced rowa last weekend and shockingly, my PO4 dropped back down to undetectable levels within a day. I don't like the sudden drop at all and now hoping that the drop is not going to cause any negative effects on my corals, especially the SPS corals.

how often do you feed with the roids? do you turn your return, skimmer and WM off; for how long? do you broadcast feed?

I feed 2-3 times a day, I never turn off the skimmer and return pump and I do broadcast feeding. Normally I will turn of the skimmer when the light is off when I dose in acid and plus.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

Good product.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

isn't using rowaphos counter intuitive as reefresh is supposed to bring the nutrients down to ULNS level? if reefresh cannot pull phosphates down to 0 - 0.01ppm levels there must be something wrong with the dosing which btw i find too simplistic based on the instructions. i just hope there's a thread similar to what zeo users have to ask questions on dosing, provide guidance and exchange experiences in using the product.

isn't using rowaphos counter intuitive as reefresh is supposed to bring the nutrients down to ULNS level? if reefresh cannot pull phosphates down to 0 - 0.01ppm levels there must be something wrong with the dosing which btw i find too simplistic based on the instructions. i just hope there's a thread similar to what zeo users have to ask questions on dosing, provide guidance and exchange experiences in using the product.

From my understanding, poly resh do bring down the nutrients which is NO3 and some Po4 but with rowaphos it will be even more effective. For zeovit or fauna marin system, which is also using bacteria source method, I believe they need a PO4 remover also, if I am not wrong.

I have used poly resh for around 6-7 mths without PO4 remover and my tank sps is growing, so I believe that it is possible without the use of PO4 remover but that is provided you do not have a lot of fishes which is constantly producing po4 thought their waste and the food we feed.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

No problem. :)

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

In case there is high nutrients to begin with, reef-resh is effective but in jquek's case, it's counter intuitive since before starting with reefresh and with just using rowa, he's nutrients are undetectable but now he has to again use rowa to go back to undetectable nutrient levels. rowa is expensive, and like me im looking for a way to stop using GFO in general that's why i tried polyplab reefresh.

you are spot on the two other products you mentioned. though the reef-resh system does not employ an adsorber in its package and just relies on efficient skimming, i still believe that ULNS can still be achieved just by efficient skimming and by tweaking the dosage a bit. it's just a pitty that there is almost no other forum containing current information on the product, problems discussed and solved or discussions to help and guide users unlike the other two products.

I'm almost finished with my first package and i could say that i was able to achieve low nutrient levels that i have not achieved before using other nutrient reduction method albeit not undetectable levels and not in a constant manner since my PO4 level still swings from time to time that is why I will soon try solid carbon dosing method and see if i will be successful on my goal. Otherwise, I just might go back to Reef-resh.

From my understanding, poly resh do bring down the nutrients which is NO3 and some Po4 but with rowaphos it will be even more effective. For zeovit or fauna marin system, which is also using bacteria source method, I believe they need a PO4 remover also, if I am not wrong.

I have used poly resh for around 6-7 mths without PO4 remover and my tank sps is growing, so I believe that it is possible without the use of PO4 remover but that is provided you do not have a lot of fishes which is constantly producing po4 thought their waste and the food we feed.