Need help cycling

I have been cycling my 34l oceanspace nano with an iOS filtration and liverock for 12 days with a damsel (which I now know I shouldn't)

So today after 12 days, I tested my No2 nitrite and its sky high! More than 3mg/l !!!!

I did refer to some charts and graphs which show that its normal for nitrites to be high during the 12th day after which will start to drop at the 30th day.

What should I do? Should I leave it to continue the cycle? Or should I do a 50%water change. (which will slow down the cycle) ?? I've tried countless times to remove my damsel but can't . anyways it's behaving normal. what should I do? Thx

You should continue the cycling of the tank and wait until the ammonia and nitrite went zero. The cycle will be completed, as mention by illumnae dosing bacteria will help to speed up the cycling process. A good cycled tank will also help prevent alot of problem in future.

Although damsel fish is rather hardy, but It is a cruel to have live stock inside the tank while cycling since the ammonia spike during the tank cycling may kill it. It might be just a few dollars damsel fish, but we should treasure each and every live stocks / fish.

Maybe you could sell / give or ask someone with a established tank to take care of your damsel until your tank is fully ready .

You should continue the cycling of the tank and wait until the ammonia and nitrite went zero. The cycle will be completed, as mention by illumnae dosing bacteria will help to speed up the cycling process. A good cycled tank will also help prevent alot of problem in future.

Although damsel fish is rather hardy, but It is a cruel to have live stock inside the tank while cycling since the ammonia spike during the tank cycling may kill it. It might be just a few dollars damsel fish, but we should treasure each and every live stocks / fish.

Maybe you could sell / give or ask someone with a established tank to take care of your damsel until your tank is fully ready .

thx for the advice:) I know I tried countless times to remove my damsel but its impossible. it keeps hiding in the rocks the moment the net is in the tank. gna try to remove it tomorrow. thx again. Im gonna test for nitrite after 35 days and hopefully the levels drop...

Erm.. Bro did u dose bacterial into your tank to speed up the cycling ? If not dosing them will help speed it up to bring your ammonia and nitrite down. This may be critical cos the poor fish is already inside your tank and it's almost impossible to catch it with just net alone. Fishes are smart enough to hide away from it.

For the sake of the life in your tank, I'm willing to pass u some of my microbe lift special blend but bring your own container. Hopefully it helps in speeding up your tank cycling to reduce the duration the fish have to suffer and hopefully it will survive. Pm me if u are interested.

• Like 1

Erm.. Bro did u dose bacterial into your tank to speed up the cycling ? If not dosing them will help speed it up to bring your ammonia and nitrite down. This may be critical cos the poor fish is already inside your tank and it's almost impossible to catch it with just net alone. Fishes are smart enough to hide away from it.

For the sake of the life in your tank, I'm willing to pass u some of my microbe lift special blend but bring your own container. Hopefully it helps in speeding up your tank cycling to reduce the duration the fish have to suffer and hopefully it will survive. Pm me if u are interested.

Thx Patrick! However managed to get the damsel out and passed it to my neighbour. Now my tank has no life stock in it and I did dose my bacteria "cycle stability" from the LFS. Now just continuing with the cycle and hoping for the best:) thx again!