What happen to my French???

3 days back some of my fishes (including French) kana white spot which i believe is ich. I have then decided to treat them using cupramine. I had started the first dose of 40ml for my 400l tank. After less than a day my french started to have such tumor appear on his body. Now he seems to be very weak and lying on the floor most of the time. I doubt he can make it through.

The rest of the fishes now seem to be ok and back to normal. My question is

1. What kind of disease is this on my French? Anyway to save him?

2. Do I need to continue my copper treament?

Any advise is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

post-19688-0-61916300-1351218118_thumb.j

The external bacteria infection is most likely due to the deteriorate water quality due to use of copper. If it is still feeding, most likely it will cure by itself over time.

If not and you are able to catch it out, treat it with ocean free yellow powder which is pretty effective against this. Bath the fish for a max of 1 day.

However rememebr to use fresh new water and not from the tank so as not mix the medicine and copper.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

What is the size of your fish?

I agreed with Harlequin judgement. I would bring it out to treat separately with good water quality. Lying down also shows it very weak but still can try better then to leave it inside your tank. For a start I would mix some of your tank water with new water. Be cautious not to mix other medication with copper. Check before using.

Many thanks for the advises.

Are you saying by adding copper, it deteriorate the water quality?

My French fins/body started rotten, I had removed him and put him in a peel with new water. I had also started to treat him using Seacham ParaGuard. Not sure whether this will help. Can I switch to the ocean free yellow powder if ParaGuard doesn't help?

As for my main tank, all fishes seems ok and normal. I had continue to add cupramine but if that is not require, I will stop immediately.

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks!

Copper is good for ich and velvet. If tank don't have these disease then don't have to add. Because u have to shut down your skimmer when using. Indirectly affect the water condition cos no skimming. Unless u change water regularly but u have to add copper very often and have to maintain the correct dosage at all time.

Update on my French....he has been treated with ParaGuard since Sunday but I don't see any improvement.

The water condition still bad which measured high ammonia of 4.0!

Had been changing water everyday.

Will want to try the ocean free yellow powder. Any advise where can I get this?

Thanks.

Thanks for the advise. May I know normally how long should I treat him with the yellow powder? He is feeding ok (once a day) at the moment. His Body seems stop rotten but the torn area still not fully grown back...can it grown back??

His tail got a hole as well. How to know whether there's no more bad bacterial in his body??

Apperciate some advise.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advise. May I know normally how long should I treat him with the yellow powder? He is feeding ok (once a day) at the moment. His Body seems stop rotten but the torn area still not fully grown back...can it grown back??

His tail got a hole as well. How to know whether there's no more bad bacterial in his body??

Apperciate some advise.

Thanks.

Put the fish for a yellow powder bath for. at least one hour to one day. It will start to heal by itself after that once it start feeding..

Put the fish for a yellow powder bath for. at least one hour to one day. It will start to heal by itself after that once it start feeding..

Thanks. So can I put him back in my display tank after that?

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

any update for your french? i just notice that u actually overdose the copper for your tank. cupramine should be 1ml for 40L of water for first dose. u dosed 40ml of copper which means u are dosing for 1600L of water. this could be the reason your french got pretty stressed up.

tEc' timestamp='1355981854' post='1080298']

any update for your french? i just notice that u actually overdose the copper for your tank. cupramine should be 1ml for 40L of water for first dose. u dosed 40ml of copper which means u are dosing for 1600L of water. this could be the reason your french got pretty stressed up.

He did not make it......at the end.... I only dose twice cupramine in my main tank but he seems very weak so i transferred him to my IQ5 which can consider a q-tank. he was recovered nicely after I quarantine him n treated him with yellow powder. He was eating well and his skin and fins have fully recovered. He was in IQ5 for more than 3 weeks and I was planned to put him back into my main tank but the timing was not right as I was going for holiday for 2 weeks. With such I moved him with IQ5 to my sis place n get my nephew to take care.

When I back from holiday, he did look a bit weak but still eating. I then put him back in my main tank but by the following day, he was gone. Still not sure what happen though....sad...