Dosing Calcium

brent

Hey bros,

I've been dosing alk, calc, and mg per Randy's two part method (recipe 1). For some reason, the calcium I bought from Iwarna is not raising my calcium levels as expected. Does anyone know the purity of the calcium or had similar issues? I'm mixing it at 500g per 1 gallon of water. Maybe my calcium could have been mislabeled? Does anyone have a photo of the flakes?

Here is my what I have:

photo2yi.jpg

My MG and Alk are both fine: 1470 / 10.2 kdh, but calcium remains at 320 despite lots of dosing.

Thanks

Well, I just tried adding a solution from the bag marked "MG" to some sample tank water. I tested the calcium before and after. The calcium went up significantly and so it's confirmed that the bag marked "MG" is in fact calcium.

Thanks for your help everyone.

How much do you dose per day?

Based on the mixed tank, you should dose 0.5mL/gallon tank. So if your tank ia 100G, then you have to dose 50ml/day (plus/minus to adjust further on the calcium intake)

Hey bro

My problem was not the amount of dosing. The CA bag had been marked MG and the MG bag was marked CA. So, I was dosing MG when I wanted to be dosing CA.