Lee 2.5 Ft Tank

lee

• SRC Member
erm... bro sorry to give u a piece of bad news....... :cry2: ur clams wont survive under that lighting even if u put it close to the surface..... upgrade to either t5 .... or the barest minimum would be CR-T4-55watts series..... hope it helps..... but i would strongly recommend for a 250 watt metal halide for the well being of ur trdacna croces.....

The clam was purchased to try to reduce Nitrate. My lighting is definately insuffient.

Will see how it go.

post-34-1087427932.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

erm..... u espected it to DIE ?????!!!!!! FYI clams dont eat much nitrate.......... if u want it to be efficent u need lots of it like 20 or more..... one is definately not enough...... would rather u grow macroalge..... more cheaper........ please sell away ur clam to other people who can keep it alive..... my 2 cents... dont get me wrong i am not flaming u,,,.. just want to remind u that tridacna.spp are delicate species..... thanks :thanks:

• SRC Member
actually clams absorbs ammonia not nitrate or nitrite..... :D

Read a while ago (dunno where liao :P ), that clams do take in both ammonia and nitrate.

However, the intake of ammonia is preferred over nitrate. Hence, in the absence of ammonia in an established tank, the uptake of nitrates can be quite significant.

CheerS :)

• SRC Member
erm..... u espected it to DIE ?????!!!!!! FYI clams dont eat much nitrate.......... if u want it to be efficent u need lots of it like 20 or more..... one is definately not enough...... would rather u grow macroalge..... more cheaper........ please sell away ur clam to other people who can keep it alive..... my 2 cents... dont get me wrong i am not flaming u,,,.. just want to remind u that tridacna.spp are delicate species..... thanks :thanks:

Will probably put up a few other pieces of LS & clam for sales if

conditions become unfavourable. Will probably concentrate on

softies and easy types that can adapt to current my tank conditions.

• SRC Member

Bro,

Got news for you. Prata and blasto is hard coral, not softies. You must control you calcium, magnesium and kh to keep them thriving. And sufficient lights. Since your prata is with you so long, your tank should be ok, so don't have to convert to all softies.

Juwel tank usually have high nitrate especially if you overstock and don't have a sump/refugium. So if you can add an overflow and sump or else go for denitrator. Ask bro lightningstrike. He expert on Juwel tank.

But if you ever decide to convert to softies and sell away your hard coral, I want you blasto :yeah::yeah: willing to offer good price :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...